Fuel train explodes in Canadian town

Caporegime
Wasn't there some low budget made for TV film that had a similar story to this? Out of control train with highly flammable cargo?

Hope the casualties aren't too high.

Yes Unstoppable which had Denzel Washington:p.

Heard about this earlier, my mum is out there visiting my brother and grandkids and texted me earlier on telling me about it. Looks extremely nasty and horrific, hope no one was injured.

EDIT: Seems like one person has died if the report is true :(...RIP

Soldato
Wasn't there some low budget made for TV film that had a similar story to this? Out of control train with highly flammable cargo?

Tony Scott's $95m Unstoppable starring Denzel Washington and the new Cpt Kirk guy that was a cinema release?

Not quite a 2am showing on SyFy.... ;)

Looks like a proper big boom, I'll give it that...

Soldato

1 confirmed dead, but 60 missing.

The train had stopped and the conductor had applied the breaks and got off the train to wait for his replacement when the breaks failed and the train went down a hill, I believe.

Soldato
I really liked that film. But there was another whare they couldn't use water because of chemicals but some air unit dropped water on it anyway.

Soldato
Can't help but imagine a ton of Terrance & Phillips flying out of the explosion screaming something about an explosive queef.

God I am awful. :(

Soldato
Underseige 2.

You're missing it, exact'a mundo with the smash at the end.

Thats an amazing picture set though, incredible tbh. The report on the radio last night said the train was automated without a driver, seems crazy.

Associate
Wonder if this is anywhere near or related in some way to the Can/US Fuel Pipeline they are trying to build but keep running into lots of 'environmental' opposition?

Strange how it happened in the middle of a town...

[TW]Fox;24572369 said:
Is there anything people won't find a conspiracy theory in these days?

The opposition for that pipeline came from a different country and the pipeline will run from the OTHER SIDE of Canada down to the Gulf. This train was heading for Maine. A quick look at the map should show you that they are thousands of miles apart.

It's not strange that it happened in a town at all - the train was stabled overnight and generally they don't built rail depots in the middle of nowhere. They tend to be in towns.

People on the internet are just obsessed with conspiracy these days. Everything is some sort of conspiracy.

There's no conspiracy obviously, but this does help show that building pipelines would probably be a lot better for the environment as they are a much more efficient and safer method of transporting oil. There are proposals to run lots of different lines in Canada, not just the Keystone XL, including west to east.

I find it strange how little coverage Canadian news seems to get in the UK, a couple of weeks ago there was some huge flooding in Alberta which barely seemed to have got a mention, but if it had been a US city I'm sure it would have been all over the news!

Back
Top Bottom