Full 4K spec advice please.

Associate
Hi all.

I am looking to build a new custom machine specifically for 4K gaming.

I’ve been out of the spec arena for quite some time now and wonder if I can tap into all your experience for some advice on a full build.

Preferably I’d like to house it all in an Antec Cube case (just like the look of it) but open to all considerations.

Just realised this is a mini atx. If larger is a better choice for mobo with gfx then happy to go bigger.

I’d like a closed loop cooler for the cpu. Graphics I’d be looking at 1080ti.

If you guys could spec me up a full rig (cpu, memory, quiet psu, quiet(ish) 1080ti) with a recommended 4K monitor please I’d be really grateful. All parts from OC please as I’d prefer to get it all from these guys.

Budget wise I’d like to stay in the £3K range but a little a little over might be considered.

Soldato
Hi all.

I am looking to build a new custom machine specifically for 4K gaming.

I’ve been out of the spec arena for quite some time now and wonder if I can tap into all your experience for some advice on a full build.

Preferably I’d like to house it all in an Antec Cube case (just like the look of it) but open to all considerations.

Just realised this is a mini atx. If larger is a better choice for mobo with gfx then happy to go bigger.

I’d like a closed loop cooler for the cpu. Graphics I’d be looking at 1080ti.

If you guys could spec me up a full rig (cpu, memory, quiet psu, quiet(ish) 1080ti) with a recommended 4K monitor please I’d be really grateful. All parts from OC please as I’d prefer to get it all from these guys.

Budget wise I’d like to stay in the £3K range but a little a little over might be considered.

do you already have a 4k monitor ?

Soldato
I don’t. So any advice on a monitor is gratefully received.

Ive gone for the budget friendly version, also 1440p ultra wide 100hz monitor , which is easier to drive and supports higher Hz and freesync- which is a lot cheaper then nvidia g-sync monitors.
Vega 64 currently had 3 free games via AMD deal. Case is stunning and a few of us have it.
bundle comes with free 480gb sdd, but also added 1tb sdd, 360 AIO and some subtle rgb fans for airflow and looks

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £2,504.30 (includes shipping: £22.50)

if you want Intel and Nvidia- hold out till October

want OCUK to build- add extra £100 on top - windows is £109 or buy CD Key online for £20 odd

er3sPxq.jpg

Soldato
Many thanks but I’d be looking to Intel and Nvidia. May have to hold out as you’ve suggested.
Thanks for taking the time to spec that one up though.

no worries, worth looking at bench marks for amd vs intel at 4k - pretty much equal due to GPU being the limiting factor .

think OCUK now sell g-sync 4k 144hz monitors , but at a £2k cost i think .

If our going next gen Nvidia- pre order when you can . most likely same thing will happen with pascal with demand outstripping supply - as you'll have both pascal and maxwell owners looking to upgrade to it

Back
Top Bottom