• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fury X vs 980ti

Associate
I'm going Fury X (initially just one, as I was too late for two) to replace my two 780 TIs in SLI.

I'm specifically after a quiet performance card, so it fits the bill for me. I'll just have to suck up probably dropping some detail settings until I can get the second card.

Associate
Fury X looks better for my system, so I will probably pick one up in August.
I will be wanting to stick a custom block on it, so might as well wait for the air cooled version, as I imagine it will be a little cheaper than the AIO.

Not going Nvidia again due to (imo) price gouging on g-sync and gpu's in general.

Associate
I bought a 980Ti with my new rig yesterday. I looked at the Fury X reviews, and decided that the benefits weren't sufficient for the potential pitfalls of 1st generation tech.

I looked at the 4k Parts of the Hexus review with great interest; they were stating that the Fury X stutters harder when it does stutter. Whether this is lack of driver optimisation, or a quirk with HBM, I'm not quite sure.

I'm sure AMD will be able to pull some more performance out of HBM, and the technology seems to be the way forward, but without a clear performance lead or cost saving for the same performance, it cannot be justified.

Caporegime
Horse fro courses and depends what screen adn res you are running and whether 1 fps performance is worth more than other factors.

I think its good to have a choice atm and both are closely matched.

Yesh i know the 980ti will overclock by up to 40% etc but not everbody overclocks etc.

And noise and temp is on fury x side etc

So pick based on what matters on other factors . As said in games you will not notice the difference (can anybody really see the difference between 46 fps and 48 fps in say a game like witcher?)

Back
Top Bottom