1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fury X vs 980ti

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by GodAtum, Jun 25, 2015.

1. GodAtum

Wise Guy

ATM I think it's silly to buy the Fury X. The cheapest one is £509, but in the OC sale the cheapest 980ti is also £509.

2. Jono8

Caporegime

Depends. If I was going 4k I would consider a couple but I would be wary of the 4gb vram.

3. Born_2_Kill_83

Sgarrista

For 1440 or 4K the Ti is faster and you don't have to worry about the 4gb Vram, I'd be worried about 6gb @ 4K let alone 4.

4. JediFragger

Capodecina

4GB puts me off tbh. I'd grab a Ti and wait for the new HBM2.0 cards that are due in 12 months or so :)

5. GodAtum

Wise Guy

Yeah people might as well get the 980ti as it's the same price!

6. Geeman1979

Soldato

The 980Ti is where my money would go regardless of res.

7. dafadau

Hitman

I'm going Fury X (initially just one, as I was too late for two) to replace my two 780 TIs in SLI.

I'm specifically after a quiet performance card, so it fits the bill for me. I'll just have to suck up probably dropping some detail settings until I can get the second card.

8. MadMossy

Soldato

Considering 4GB hasn't been a problem in any of the 4K tests, I think the only difference is how well it runs at those speeds and not the available memory capacity.

9. Ayahuasca

Capodecina

Choose whichever you prefer for your needs and the games you mostly play, there's not a lot between them in most titles.

10. pantbash

Associate

Fury X looks better for my system, so I will probably pick one up in August.
    I will be wanting to stick a custom block on it, so might as well wait for the air cooled version, as I imagine it will be a little cheaper than the AIO.

Not going Nvidia again due to (imo) price gouging on g-sync and gpu's in general.

11. JediFragger

Capodecina

I personally think that the Fury X has time to shine. Win10 is where it will begin to imo, and it's not far off :cool:

12. Mtom

Wise Guy

I'm waiting for some user reviews on the Fury X...i think the inconsistent result shows some driver issues which needs to iron out

13. JediFragger

Capodecina

Hopefully drivers will improve a tad in time for the Fury release on 14th July :)

14. Netvyper

Hitman

I bought a 980Ti with my new rig yesterday. I looked at the Fury X reviews, and decided that the benefits weren't sufficient for the potential pitfalls of 1st generation tech.

I looked at the 4k Parts of the Hexus review with great interest; they were stating that the Fury X stutters harder when it does stutter. Whether this is lack of driver optimisation, or a quirk with HBM, I'm not quite sure.

I'm sure AMD will be able to pull some more performance out of HBM, and the technology seems to be the way forward, but without a clear performance lead or cost saving for the same performance, it cannot be justified.

15. signal11th

Gangster

Sorry for the price has to be the ti. especially now they are nearly at 500.

16. sprite1275

Wise Guy

That's for reference card though which are hot and noisy

17. shankly1985

Capodecina

I would take a quiet and cool running gpu over 10fps any day of the week..

18. Greebo

Caporegime

Horse fro courses and depends what screen adn res you are running and whether 1 fps performance is worth more than other factors.

I think its good to have a choice atm and both are closely matched.

Yesh i know the 980ti will overclock by up to 40% etc but not everbody overclocks etc.

And noise and temp is on fury x side etc

So pick based on what matters on other factors . As said in games you will not notice the difference (can anybody really see the difference between 46 fps and 48 fps in say a game like witcher?)

19. flopper

Mobster

I be worried going windows 10 with a 980ti myself.

20. JediFragger

Capodecina

Man, you worry eaaaaasy ;) :D

More to life than GFX m8. Losing a few loved ones in your life gives you a little.....perspective :)