G.Fast 50m to 200m Estimated Live Checker

Soldato
OP
G.Fast expecting to go live from Autumn 2017 and more to roll out end of this year and next year until 2020. The rest until 2025. BT Checker will show up G.Fast available soon if your cabinet already had pod fitted. But question is which isp willing to offer g.fast product 160/20 and 330/50 by autumn.

Associate
Wish I could grab it, but I'm on a somewhat dubious line length. ~150m straight line, ~250m following main road, ~400-450m according to a BT line check I caught a quick glance of last time. Which puts me at the bottom end of g.fast improvement. Grats to anyone able to get it on release/trial. :)

Associate
Wish I could grab it, but I'm on a somewhat dubious line length. ~150m straight line, ~250m following main road, ~400-450m according to a BT line check I caught a quick glance of last time. Which puts me at the bottom end of g.fast improvement. Grats to anyone able to get it on release/trial. :)

Same here, newbuild estate. Main FTTC cabinet is over 500 metres away so can just about get 30mb on FTTC. Not likely to improve much unless BT install a new cabinet closer..

Soldato
Really wish they did go with the FTTdp route, my cabinet is also 500m away but the telephone pole is easily under 10m. Oddly enough there's a lot of public space (also being used for new homes development now) behind my home to hide a large cabinet, I've no idea why either Openreach or Virgin has taken advantage of it.

Considering it will only benefit those close to the cab, will it even have a large uptake? I would imagine ISPs won't make it that cheap either.

Associate
Sadly being 1700 metres away from the cabinet I will still get diddly squat in the way of decent connection :(

Soldato
Looks like my exchange (Langside) is in one of the trial areas, but nothing showing on the DSL checker for my cabinet yet. Not even sure where my cabinet is, but any speed increase would be welcome.

Soldato

Out of interest, what's your current sync speed for VDSL?

Associate
Hmm I have no idea what my line length is! I connect at the full 79999 now but according to a line length checker I am 5051m away from the exchange! The bt checker does not list g.fast for me but my vdsl range clean is 80 high 67 low. So I guess I will get 150mb ish when it does arrive. Though some more googling suggests because I get the full 80mb my line must be sub 300m

Back
Top Bottom