G.Skill Trident RGB 3600 F4-3600C16D-16GTZR

Associate
So i am piecing together all the bits for my ryzen 3000 build and have purchased the G.Skill 3600 Trident z RGB CAS16-16-16-36.

From research it looks like these are the samsung B chips everyone raves about? Hopefully i am not mistaken?

Also anyone got this memory can confirm what clocks and timings you are running?

Thanks!

Soldato
Yes they are samsung B-Die, anything 3200mhz C14 and above in G.Skill range is B-Die.

3200mhz C16 is Hynix and im pretty sure the C15 is Samsung E-Die, all faster speeds are Samsung B-die

As for timings etc, start at stock timings and speeds, just load XMP if available, its mainly about the memory controller in the CPU, some can handle things better than others, AMD also bin the memory controllers as well as the cores, so the better more expensive CPU you buy also has a better memory controller.

RyZen DRAM calculator will be a good place to start once you've got everything set up.

Soldato
Jamins covered it but just to say, it seems like from their slides we can expect them to load XMP profiles at this speed perfectly fine in the 3000 series, and so the RAM type required may mean less for this series, it meant more under Ryzen 1000.

But for tweaking beyond presets, Ryzen DRAM calc is a good place to start.

Back
Top Bottom