1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G29 + TH8A Gear Shifter ?

Discussion in 'Gaming Peripherals' started by foster grant, Jul 17, 2017.

1. foster grant

Mobster

2. danoliver1

Wise Guy

It comes with a usb plug so just plug that into your computer and it will work. You cant plug it into the g29.

3. foster grant

Mobster

OK thanks dan

4. andicole0

Mobster

Also be aware that some driving games do not support multiple devices, so a separately connected pedal set or gear change may not work. Check the game forums for details.
    andi.

5. reecevxr

Gangster

Main one being Forza Horizon 3, which is why i still haven't bought it.

It comes with 2 interchangable leads, one to plug into a thrustmaster steering wheel base and one usb lead, even though i have a thrustmaster base i still use it as a seperate usb device as some software wont recognise my shifter at all when connected directly to the base

6. foster grant

Mobster

OK thanks guys ..my mind is made up :)

7. lokiss

Wise Guy

Which is a farce. Thrustmasters flagship shifter has to be connected to a single usb connection, rendering the direct connection to their flagship £500 wheelbase absolutely useless. It's beyond me why they bothered to include a shifter port on the ts racer, when it's completely redundant.

8. Born2BSlow

Gangster

The newer/main racing/driving games all support multiple controllers so it's only an issue if you play older stuff. I've used my separate th8a shifter on Euro Truck 2, American Truck, RF2, Assetto Corsa, PCars, live for speed, automobilista, iRacing, Race07 with no issues...

9. lokiss

Wise Guy

Wasn't my problem. Just I can't fathom why they include the cable with the shifter, that plugs in to the wheel base, then you read the pdf and it tells you non of that will work after you've bought the £100 device. I'm out of usb's without buying a hub, and Ill need to buy another 2 meter extension to reach my rig, and it's another flailing cable across the floor.

I know it's a rant, but honestly..

10. foster grant

Mobster

Yeah I just used my last free USB port for the shifter