G903 feels cheap

Associate
I replaced my G700s with a G903 and I'm not impressed.

To put it in perspective, I have the following:

- G700s (previous desktop mouse)
- G602 (for my laptop at work)
- G903 (new desktop mouse)

I got the G602 to use with my laptop. Immediately I found it superior to the older G700s I was using on my desktop. It's more modern looking and feels a lot more premium to hold, though the sensor is not as great.

My ageing G700s stopped working correctly (1 in 10 clicks failed to register) and I replaced it with a G903. I was expecting it to be and upgrade. I'm disappointed.

I love the sensitivity of the G903 but the click and the scroll wheel feel cheap in comparison to both the G700s and G602. Of the three, the G602 is a much more satisfying mouse to use and nearly half the price.

Does anyone else feel this way? I can't understand why Logitech chose to make the G903 (and presumably the 900) feel so plasticy when the G602 feels great. The slightly softer feel of the G602's click and scroll wheel make it feel like a much more premium product. The G903's click feels like a £10 mouse!

While there are some things I love about the G903 (The button layout, the aesthetics, the sensor) it feels a lot cheaper than the G602 which has a better texture, heavier weight and much nicer button/scroll feel.

This is all mostly personal preference but I guess the tl;dr is I wish there was a mouse that felt like the G602 with the G903's sensor and button layout.

I guess this is a mini-review/rant but I'd somewhat disappointed by Logitech's flagship product. I prefer the G602 in almost every way.

Soldato
The G900/3 are very light mice. The G700 is quite a heavy mouse. People often associate weight with quality.

I have both the G903 and the G700s. The G903 doesn't feel cheap, but it is very light. I prefer the G700S just because it has more buttons. But I prefer the feel and weight of the G930 much more.

Associate
I've never tried the G602 but i did have an mx master which is a similar shape. Very comfy.

My only criticism of the g900 during the time I owned it would be that the silver finish began wearing off, although i think they altered this with the g903.

For me, sometimes weight gives the impression of quality but with mice that has been missleading. I know Logitech are going for weight saving and designs that have minimal interference with the wireless signal, so that means making them with thin materials and making design choices like hollowing out the scroll wheel. This definitely affects the feel of the mice in general vs something made with metals that feels substantial in the hand. They also need to go with lighter materials to account for the added weight of the batteries on wireless models. Personally this doesn't bother me. Only the g703 has felt cheap to me, and that wasn't a weight issue. On the other hand I had a corsair m65 rgb (i think) which was metal and plastic and fairly substantial and I hated it. It felt premium but was anything but.

I do think certain aspects of choosing and using a mouse are down to personal preference as you say. We spend so much time using them you've got to find something that fits. Like comfy shoes.

Edited - I'm confusing g700s with g700. Two completely different mice.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The G900/3 are very light mice. The G700 is quite a heavy mouse. People often associate weight with quality.

It's not just the weight though, the click of the G903 feels a lot more "clicky" (the best way I can describe it) than the slightly softer feel of the G602. Maybe this is for responsiveness or some other reason (though gaming on both I haven't noticed a difference) but it feels more like entry level mice I've used. Perhaps It's just because I'm used to heavier mice having used the MX700, MX1000 and MX Revolution prior to the G700S over the years. Yes, I prefer wireless mice and have always chosen Logitech. The G903 is the worst feeling mouse I can remember having. Maybe it will grow on me, but after a week I feel like I'll end up sending the G903 to work and use the G602 for gaming which feels so backwards.

Associate
I know what you mean about the click.

I would suggest the g502 hero because it has the same sensor as the g903 and a similar shape to the g602 plus it has 5 weights that can be added or removed in various places around the mouse to adjust the feel. It also has 11 buttons I think, so in that respect it is closer to the g602 than the g903.

However, looking at it it appears to have the same L and R setup as the g903 so the click feel and sound is probably identical. This might be a deal breaker for you. Then again, it could feel and sound like the g602.

It seems like something you would get on with but sadly it isn't wireless so ignore everything i just said :D:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
My G903 wont charge past around 87%. I know the Powermat does this thing where it goes between 80% and 95%, not charging to full to prolong battery life, but I'm charging with a micro USB cable. To be fair, it's not the cable that came with it, so I guess I should try that but twice now. Once it charged to 80% overnight and last night it charged to 87%. Anyone else had this, or is mine faulty?

Back
Top Bottom