Galaxy S3 Things

Soldato
OK, So I'm listening to a fair bit of music on my S3, one problem, it's not loud enough. I've tried using the stock media player and WinAmp and there both too quiet for my tastes. Is there anyway of boosting the volume at all?

EDIT: I have tried with various sets of earphones, stock, Sennheiser CX300 II's, Beyer Dynamic DTX60's and some Sony MDRX50's. All too quiet. But I have to say the comfiest are the Sony MDRX50's

Last edited:
Soldato
Firstly, are you rooted?

I'm using Siyah Kernal and have the ability to boost the volume to stupidly loud volumes :p

You could try and app called Volume+ too.

Soldato
OP
Firstly, are you rooted?

I'm using Siyah Kernal and have the ability to boost the volume to stupidly loud volumes :p

You could try and app called Volume+ too.

Not rooted as I use the Barclays Bank app that warned me it wouldn't work on a rooted device. I shall have a look at those 2 if they are non-rooted apps.

Soldato
You need siyah kernel and boost the volume also turn pleasent for ears on.

I'm sure there's a way getting the barclays application working rooted, if I find it il post it.

Soldato
Not rooted as I use the Barclays Bank app that warned me it wouldn't work on a rooted device. I shall have a look at those 2 if they are non-rooted apps.

Go into the app. Select that you've forgotten your passcode. It'll reset the signing process.

Then once you've got your rooted rom installed. Go into system/app and rename superuser.apk to superuser.apk.bak

Then install the barclays app and go through the signing process as usual.

Boom.

Soldato
OP
FUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!! My phone dropped out of my locker at work...looks like Spiderman has had a play with it. Everything still works, just the screen is 1/2 cracked...ordered a new glass screen for £15.90 of ebay with adhesive and tools included...lets hope I can fix it...been quoted £160 otherwise!!!

Associate
FUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!! My phone dropped out of my locker at work...looks like Spiderman has had a play with it. Everything still works, just the screen is 1/2 cracked...ordered a new glass screen for £15.90 of ebay with adhesive and tools included...lets hope I can fix it...been quoted £160 otherwise!!!

I guarantee you'll break it mate, it's is VERY hard to do a DIY repair :(

Soldato
OP
I guarantee you'll break it mate, it's is VERY hard to do a DIY repair :(

Taught me a lesson...insure my bloody phone :rolleyes:

I've been reading and it seems to be similar to an iPhone in that I need to keep heating the glass and going mega slow to free it from the adhesive and SAMOLED/digitizer and all SHOULD be fine?

Associate
OK, So I'm listening to a fair bit of music on my S3, one problem, it's not loud enough. I've tried using the stock media player and WinAmp and there both too quiet for my tastes. Is there anyway of boosting the volume at all?

EDIT: I have tried with various sets of earphones, stock, Sennheiser CX300 II's, Beyer Dynamic DTX60's and some Sony MDRX50's. All too quiet. But I have to say the comfiest are the Sony MDRX50's
Get some ultimate ears triple fi's you'll never have a problem with music being too quiet! They are a little pricy though :S.

Soldato
OP
Go into the app. Select that you've forgotten your passcode. It'll reset the signing process.

Then once you've got your rooted rom installed. Go into system/app and rename superuser.apk to superuser.apk.bak

Then install the barclays app and go through the signing process as usual.

Boom.

I've rooted my phone using the guide on Cnet.com, where do I find this file to rename now?

Also the screen replacement went well, although I sliced through the ribbon on the bottom 2 buttons so I had to root my phone to use button saviour for my back button (menu button fine). Was a bit of gung ho and not paying enough attention when I reached the bottom...oh well, saved £145...worth having to use an onscreen 'back' button.

Soldato
I've rooted my phone using the guide on Cnet.com, where do I find this file to rename now?

Also the screen replacement went well, although I sliced through the ribbon on the bottom 2 buttons so I had to root my phone to use button saviour for my back button (menu button fine). Was a bit of gung ho and not paying enough attention when I reached the bottom...oh well, saved £145...worth having to use an onscreen 'back' button.

Could use it as an excuse to use CM10/AOKP and use the Nexus on screen nav bar :)

Back
Top Bottom