**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Soldato
It seems that with this years top spec phones seem to be more about refinement and optomising hardware and software rather than all out crazy power and specs.

Which to me makes sense as there is little need for the CPU and amount of RAM being as fast and high as they are.

Soldato
If they bring a new note out with a home button I probably will jump, to be honest, if they hadnt cut battery life and made air travel difficult, Id still have my note 7, it was pretty good.

Soldato
The more I think about it the more inclined I am to look into some of the S7/S7 Edge offers out there at the moment.

I'm really looking for that route back to Android but struggling to decide what to do. The event is tomorrow so I can at least wait to see how that pans out before I decide what to do.

Soldato
s7 can be had for 450 new at the moment. Will be looking at getting one of those once the s8 is released hardly any difference and I imagine the s7 will be under 400 by end of april making even the Chinese phones seem expensive

Soldato
s7 can be had for 450 new at the moment. Will be looking at getting one of those once the s8 is released hardly any difference and I imagine the s7 will be under 400 by end of april making even the Chinese phones seem expensive
Do you mean the S7 or the S7 Edge? Can't find the S7 Edge for less than £570 at the moment. Looking to buy it outright once the S8 is out as hopefully it'll be a bit cheaper.

Soldato
Happy Samsung Galaxy S8 day people :D

The official reveal starts at 4pm today.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/unpacked/

Happy S8 day!

I'm hopeful that they'll surprise us with a price that isn't insane but I can see it coming in at £699! If they can keep it around the £599 mark I'll be tempted alright...

Hopefully they also have some tricks up their sleeves we just don't know about yet.

Associate
Happy S8 day!

I'm hopeful that they'll surprise us with a price that isn't insane but I can see it coming in at £699! If they can keep it around the £599 mark I'll be tempted alright...

Hopefully they also have some tricks up their sleeves we just don't know about yet.
I would be very surprised if they have something that was not leaked. In recent years nothing seems to shock on the launch as we know everything-ish ...would be nice to keep the leaks out and enjoy actual first reaction rather than bitching before about the stuff/features of the phone

Caporegime
Is this really going to be 800 euros!? Supposedly the Xiaomi Mi6 is coming out in April with a snapdragon 835, 2k amoled screen (though might end up being just full hd) ,ois camera, retina scanner, loads of uk 4g bands etc for ~£300. If that is true the S8 is going to look bonkers expensive.

Soldato
Is this really going to be 800 euros!? Supposedly the Xiaomi Mi6 is coming out in April with a snapdragon 835, 2k amoled screen (though might end up being just full hd) ,ois camera, retina scanner, loads of uk 4g bands etc for ~£300. If that is true the S8 is going to look bonkers expensive.

I'm hoping they hit the £599 mark for the S8, that's probably as much as I'd be willing to pay. That would be really aggressive when matching the iPhone 7 and also in comparison to the iPhone 7 128GB version.

Associate
IMHO they should go aggressive as they **** up with the NOTE 7 and have to somehow gain the trust and numbers back (but then accountants are greedy and will force the price up :p)

Last edited by a moderator:
Permabanned
OP
ya I think they have already forgotten the note 7 cockup, I haven't heard a word on them trying to get those note 7 customers back, I didn't even get the opportunity to receive my note 7, and now I have to pay a premium to get their next potential cockup... silly

Soldato
I'm still flabagasted that front firing stereo speakers are not on Samsungs top tier phones. Once you've experienced them, there is no going back. A tiny bottom speaker don't cut it (assuming they don't do a earpiece stereo set up like the iPhone which is passable guess)

Back
Top Bottom