As title, had the unfortunate mishap of dropping my Galileo thermometer as I was cleaning last night and it smashed on the corner of my table and dripped down the side of a shelf. What happened was: -Melted a book and the ink was dripping off it like water -Melted a CD, literally plastic was dripping off like lava -Took the varnish clean off the shelf -Dripped onto some weights I had on my floor as I quickly tried to move them a damp dumbbell rubbed against my hand and transferred the black paint on the metal to my hand burning it badly in the process. - Finally obviously the fumes were terrible, we opened the windows and put a fan over it to try and evaporate it, not much was gone 3 hours later, we of course tried mopping it up with tissue and old towels but it just smeared, took all night to disappear, in the process however tissue paper had fused to the shelf and carpet Anyways I think it was one from years ago (made outside UK regs?), HIGHLY DANGEROUS, just a warning to you all if you have one -cannot- believe these are allowed to be sold. A quick google says some of them can contain Diethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether 2—(2-Butoxyethoxy) (ethanol) and Hydrotreated heavy naphtha (petroleum). But I reckon it had other stuff also, any you guys had this happen ?