Game Dev Job

Soldato
Looking for an Actionscript Programmer at Ubisoft here in Düsseldorf. Full-time position. Absolutely an on-site role so don't ask if you can work remotely.

The role will be developing gameplay and UI systems for a browser game, primarily in Flash but also some Java back-end systems and database stuff.

Good first step into the games industry as no games exp required. It's my role that I'm vacating to go onto a AAA C++ project internally.

Great company to work for, great work/life balance, plenty of training etc.

Associate
Interesting to see that a company like Ubisoft is still actively developing in Actionscript. I have spent a good part of the last 10 years programming in Actionscript/Flash good to see it has some life left in it!!

Good luck in your search, might have been interested if it was a little closer.

Soldato
OP
Still going strong. Obviously if you were starting from scratch now you'd use a different tech....but this browser game has been going 6-7 years now and is still very healthy, hence we're still hiring people to keep development going.

It was my foot in the door to the games industry. Actionscript is still useful for Scaleform UI development so still relevant outside Flash.

Soldato
Looking for an Actionscript Programmer at Ubisoft here in Düsseldorf. Full-time position. Absolutely an on-site role so don't ask if you can work remotely.

The role will be developing gameplay and UI systems for a browser game, primarily in Flash but also some Java back-end systems and database stuff.

Good first step into the games industry as no games exp required. It's my role that I'm vacating to go onto a AAA C++ project internally.

Great company to work for, great work/life balance, plenty of training etc.

What is the pay like etc? Seems interesting.

Back
Top Bottom