Games randomly shutting down

Associate
Hi,

Trying to diagnose an issue with my PC, every now and then games will randomly close down without any error message it will just close and then i can reboot it back up fine, could this be a memory issue? i've attached an image but i'll be honest i have no clue what i'm looking at, does reverything in the image look ok or do i need to change something?

rclcm65.png

Associate
You're only showing the SPD value, which is just information about the memory. The tab to the left (memory) will show the current settings that are in use. If you're having CTDs (crash to desktop) in multiple games then I would do what teenwolf suggests to eliminate any possible software issues. Logical software errors will just exit from the game like you have described. Faulty memory can eventually corrupt everything that goes through it and not just CTD from games, so memory is less likely the cause if limited to these specific issues. You'd most likely see a BSOD by now.

Associate
OP
You're only showing the SPD value, which is just information about the memory. The tab to the left (memory) will show the current settings that are in use. If you're having CTDs (crash to desktop) in multiple games then I would do what teenwolf suggests to eliminate any possible software issues. Logical software errors will just exit from the game like you have described. Faulty memory can eventually corrupt everything that goes through it and not just CTD from games, so memory is less likely the cause if limited to these specific issues. You'd most likely see a BSOD by now.
When i think back, it has only started happening since i upgraded to windows 11, but i have also installed another 16GB RAM aswell, could be both?

Associate
ive been getting crashes to desktop too. ive turned off PBO on my ryzen and i think it was that, which was disappointing as it was boosting nicely up to about 4850

Man of Honour
CTDs can be **** games too, just for the record (especially modded games). Since you say it started after installing Windows 11, I wouldn't rule out incompatibilities or early/beta drivers either.

Dialling back overclocks and/or XMP is sensible as a precaution though.

Associate
OP
Ok well it's been running fine but got my first ever blue screen today with this error The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff80156c1dfaa, 0xffffb481b4526900, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 222459ff-5bdf-4499-85a6-48e376ea253e.

Back
Top Bottom