Games that had it, but lost it!

Soldato
Worms!
The original was a game from god!
The second was equally as impressive!
Worms Armegeddon was fantastically insane!
Worms World Party was just frantically beautiful!
Worms 3D? They lost it. As soon as the 3D Worms came out, it lost its appeal. I mean, back 4 years ago, when World Party was the rage, it was still 2D! It rarely needed to harness the full power of the grahics card, which was bliss!
Then they still carried on with the 3D worms unfortunetely :(

What other games can you think of that lost it?
I can think of many other but want to give other people a chance to express their views :)

Associate
hmmm, kind of resident evil, when it went onto fps genre was pretty bad. but its more than redeemed itself with resi 4.

so it had it, lost it for a bit, then got it back

agree with worms though

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Crash Bandicoot.

1 Great.
2 Even Better
3 Bloody Marvolous.
Crash Team Racing Sex wee all round.

Naughty dog Sells Crash.

Crash bash onwards=Crap and the down fall of what could have been the Marrio of the Playstation:(

Soldato
The Settlers 1 - brilliance and sheer class.
The Settlers 2 - improved on the original, not a masive step up, but still excellent.
The Settlers 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and so on - total pap.

Soldato
Totally agree with worms, man Worms World Party is responsible for myself and a few uni friends gettin crap grades in first year. We'd miss lectures due to being sat in McDs/pub/canteen/wherever playing a LAN game.

You could tell we were computer scientists; pass ONE laptop around? I don't think so!

Only other games I can think of at the moment are Resident Evil as has been mentioned and Driver [absolutely amazing], then Driver 2 [absolutely crap] dunno about the third game.

Can't think of any others... at least not on PC lol

SiriusB

Soldato
Call of Duty - brilliant game, cheaters ruined it.
Call of Duty United Offensive - good game, less cheaters but arguably less skill required due to cookable nades + sprinting.
Call of Duty 2 - utterly awful in comparison to the above but I will admit I do still play the damn game.

Commissario
MadFruit said:
The Settlers 1 - brilliance and sheer class.
The Settlers 2 - improved on the original, not a masive step up, but still excellent.
The Settlers 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and so on - total pap.

Settlers 2, 10th anniversary is pretty good (same gameplay/maps but new graphics engine and i think all the minor bugs fixed).

Mechwarrior 1 and 2 great games (2 especially).
Netmech - massive fun if you were lucky enough to have computers that could play it.
Mech 2 merc - pretty good.
Mechwarrior 3 - ok
Mech warrior 4 - pretty rubbish.

IIRC the company that made it changed after mech 2 merc or mech 3, and whilst the graphics improved the gameplay got worse.

Wing Commander - 1 to 3 were pretty good, 4 was rubbish though and they haven't made another one since :( (I would love to see classic wingcommander bought back to life with modern graphics).
Origin made many great games, but they also made some real turkeys after they expanded from their roots (and then they were bought up by EA).

Soldato
C&C = excellent
red alert = excellent
tiberian sun = excellent
firestorm = excellent
RA2 = excellent
Yuris revenge = excellent
Generals = poo
Zero Hour = poo

this is shown by the fact that more people play yuris online than play generals. yuris was such a great game i think i'll be hard for even C&C 3 to beat, RA3 has more of a chance. I hope they keep the excellent gameplay.

daven

Back
Top Bottom