Games you're playing, and games...

Soldato
I loved the story, but the game changes so much once you finish it. I’m also not a fan of the devs approach to nerfs when there are still loads of bugs and now one that will wipe your whole inventory.

Yeah same issue with div 2. I enjoyed the journey but when it got to do same missions again but harder I lost interest fast. Saw about that bug, can imagine it ruining the whole game for some.

Soldato
Picked up playing "The Medium" again on XBox Series X and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Must be quite near the end though. Sometimes it looks absolutely stunning and other times fairly average. I quite like the story line as well.

Trying to get my head around "Elite Dangerous : Odyssey" on PC. I know everyone asked for the ability to leave the ship and walk around, now that it's here I'm not actually sure I want it. The performance is also terrible, I could run the standard game at almost full setting on my aging PC, not so with Odyssey pretty much need to run at 1080P with medium settings. Not great :(

Also playing "Monster Train" on Series X as a time filler and was really surprised by how much I liked it. It's a card / deck builder game with a few twists.

Xeno Crisis is also a go to time filler on Series X, I think it's now on Gamepass. Twin stick shooter, a bit like Alien Syndrome, hints of Alien Breed etc.

Last edited:
Associate
Monster Train - that had caught my eye but I wasn't sure about it, maybe I'll give it a shot.

I started play Stellaris earlier this year and quickly racked up a lot of time in it. I've finished a small game, so now I've bought the expansions and will get back in for another game soon.
I tend to have a few active games at once (depends which room I'm in!), so currently I've been working through Jedi Fallen Order - found it to be a really good game, however I've hit a boss near the end that I just can't beat and I'm about ready to give up on it, must have spent at least 4 hours trying to beat him already.
Also been playing Dragon Quest XI - been a very long time since I played a JRPG, so it took some getting used to but I'm really into it now, it's got a lot of charm and that theme music really gets in your head!

Soldato
Evil Within 2 is a much better experience but enjoyed both! The first had some odd tech issues resolved in 2

Finished Evil Within on Survival, fantastic game!! The last bit with 2 Safe Heads had me raging, I had 1 handgun bullet and 1 rifle ammo, turned into some kind of benny hill sketch, had to keep drawing them around, opening and closing the gate, going around and grab some parts from the mines and create some ammo, rinse and repeat :D Took forever...

Looking forward to Evil Within 2!!

Soldato
Just started Rage 2 and enjoying it. Quite the contrast to Resident Evil 7 which I finished at the weekend. Fast paced, lots of explosions and colorful graphics. Enjoying it so far.

Caporegime
Just started Rage 2 and enjoying it. Quite the contrast to Resident Evil 7 which I finished at the weekend. Fast paced, lots of explosions and colorful graphics. Enjoying it so far.

I've got 8 days left on my PS Now sub and I'm torn between Rage 2 and Prey. It seems Prey has ludicrously long loading times on PS4 and I've already played it on PC so I'm leaning more towards Rage 2. I wonder if it's possible to complete it in 8 days (about 4 hours per day).

Soldato
I've got 8 days left on my PS Now sub and I'm torn between Rage 2 and Prey. It seems Prey has ludicrously long loading times on PS4 and I've already played it on PC so I'm leaning more towards Rage 2. I wonder if it's possible to complete it in 8 days (about 4 hours per day).

No brainer for me if you've already played Prey on PC (that's where I played it too)

Try Rage 2 its very different and more fun open world looter shooter

Soldato
been going through a few games on ps4 of late.

wreckfest - brilliant game, love smash em up car games.
infamous second son - first time playing an infamous game, wasnt too bad, but i only progressed a bit before moving on to next game
Star Wars Fallen Order - hadn't played a 1st/3rd person star wars game since battle field and while some glitches with the graphics are funny, i was enjoying it for the progress i did.
what i didnt like was the slow non skippable cutscenes
Minecraft - had been itching to play it since moving away from xbox months ago.
Avengers - i read it wasnt that great, but ive been playing it since last week and now its become my most played console game ha with the off fortnite/minecraft in between, but avengers first game when i sign in console and last game before turning off.

i did have a moment the other month when i was just playing rage 2, but with ps now etc theres so much choice ha.

Associate
So since getting my PS5 sorted about a week ago, I've started with Spider-man, playing the remaster first, then will play MM after. The first game is pretty awesome, some of the stealth scenes are a bit meh, but in general the gameplay is very fun, story is good so far, and love all the stuff to collect, and the game looks and feels amazing with Performance RT mode.

As I didn't play anything on PS4, I've got all the PS+ collection to play, God of War and Detroit Become Human are probably first on the list, also Horizon Zero Dawn now it's just been given out free. Also got Sackboy and It Takes Two to play Coop with the other half.

Also looking forward to playing some MLB The Show as I haven't played one in many years.

My list just keeps growing!

Back
Top Bottom