Games you're playing, and games...

Man of Honour
Going to see if I can get into Days Gone. Working my way through the PS4 collection.

Edit: I’ve ended up playing ratchet and clank and TLOU - now that’s a game that’s hooked me.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Trying my hardest to get some value out of Ultimate membership I'm playing Marvel Avengers. I've almost finished the first campaign section and can't work out if I hate it enough to stop or like the universe enough to continue. I've never played a game where I have as little clue what the mission selection and types of mission are doing. It's a mess and another game built around an absolutely souless grindfest to level up multiple heroes. Switching between heroes is a pain as each characters has so many moves and upgrade paths by the time you get round to trying one you played earlier you have to read a manual on the moves again.

I guess I am getting value out of Ultimate because it was a £1 but I certainly wouldn't pay a normal fee on top of gold.

Man of Honour
Trying my hardest to get some value out of Ultimate membership I'm playing Marvel Avengers. I've almost finished the first campaign section and can't work out if I hate it enough to stop or like the universe enough to continue. I've never played a game where I have as little clue what the mission selection and types of mission are doing. It's a mess and another game built around an absolutely souless grindfest to level up multiple heroes. Switching between heroes is a pain as each characters has so many moves and upgrade paths by the time you get round to trying one you played earlier you have to read a manual on the moves again.

I guess I am getting value out of Ultimate because it was a £1 but I certainly wouldn't pay a normal fee on top of gold.

Your basing the value of ultimate on 1 game? And the game you choose is the avengers? Forza and Halo just around the corner. Not bad for £2 a month.

Soldato

I would absolutely agree. My fear is that they will go down the route of only having access to certain games through the subscription. I think Halo Infinite might be an example of this? Though hopefully I am wrong.

At the moment it doesn’t really matter to me either due to the promotion but come next year I will certainly be reassessing as I don’t play probably 95% of what is on there!

Soldato
Playing the Outer Wilds DLC at the moment, really enjoying it. Planning to finally start RE7 this week too, had been holding off in case they patched it to take some advantage of the PS5's performance but doesn't seem likely by this point.

Caporegime
Your basing the value of ultimate on 1 game? And the game you choose is the avengers? Forza and Halo just around the corner. Not bad for £2 a month.

No I'm not. I'm basing it on how many of those games I'd even be interested in. From all those games I'd have bought Gears and that's it. Absolutely for the conversion it was a no brainer to do it but when these deals end I would rather just have gold and buy the few titles I'm going to be interested in each year. Most of those are not on Ultimate or won't be for months, like the latest fifa for example. I can't get excited about playing old 360 games.

Soldato
No I'm not. I'm basing it on how many of those games I'd even be interested in. From all those games I'd have bought Gears and that's it. Absolutely for the conversion it was a no brainer to do it but when these deals end I would rather just have gold and buy the few titles I'm going to be interested in each year. Most of those are not on Ultimate or won't be for months, like the latest fifa for example. I can't get excited about playing old 360 games.

I go through this. I play most the games because they are available, not because I want to per se.
Advantage is I've discovered a few gems this way albeit rarely. Disadvantage is I just flick between them without any real focus because I didn't buy them.
I can't stand Halo but looking forward to Stalker 2 so it's kinda paid for itself if I factor in the games I actually did finish. Forza 5 I'll enjoy for about half an hour unless they've stopped with the cringe zoomer presentation.

Caporegime
I go through this. I play most the games because they are available, not because I want to per se.
Advantage is I've discovered a few gems this way albeit rarely. Disadvantage is I just flick between them without any real focus because I didn't buy them.
I can't stand Halo but looking forward to Stalker 2 so it's kinda paid for itself if I factor in the games I actually did finish. Forza 5 I'll enjoy for about half an hour unless they've stopped with the cringe zoomer presentation.

Yeah, I agree with this. There are some amazing titles that I would never have considered like Celeste, Children of Morta, Unsighted, Desperados, Aragami so it's definitely worth what it cost me. But I move on pretty quickly because I don't like playing on Xbox much. (You know what's coming - I want the PS trophies. I wish it was Sony who had come up with Game Pass instead. Or wish they would add more than a paltry three titles each month to PS Now.)

I'm sort of hyped for Stalker 2 but I have absolutely no idea why because I never did like the first one.

Last edited:
Soldato
@ic1male I agree on some of that. I don't care as much about trophies any more but there was certainly more of a feeling when one popped rather than just seeing a number. I didn't like the new change though, I was like level 20 odd now it's 340 or something. I do however like the MS points thing, it's nice for the points to be used for something you can actually buy etc.
I'll have to reassess the value when my sub runs out in 2022.

Caporegime
I do however like the MS points thing, it's nice for the points to be used for something you can actually buy etc.
I'll have to reassess the value when my sub runs out in 2022.

I'll keep it going with MS Reward points. I quite like just using the cloud for half hour quick sessions. I'd pretty much give up the hardware if they released a cloud streaming HDMI stick.

Soldato
Finished Alan Wake, great story but the combat was horrible, I got up to episode 4 and was getting to the point where I just wanted it to end, it was getting boring and predictable, the story though was what kept me playing through until the end

Also played and finished The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, a real hidden gem. Found it in my library, it looks really good and a nice chill game :)

Soldato
Back 4 Blood and Insurgency Sandstorm. Enjoying both, Insurgency more though. Both require a level of communication in the team however and as others have said on xbox this seems almost none existent these days.

Back
Top Bottom