Games you're playing, and games...

Soldato
Playing an assortment of games at the moment….just started far cry 6,been playing Valhalla for a while now,also picked up fenyx rising which I actually liked and enjoyed playing a lot,also turn on the division 2 now and again.

still enjoying the games at 53

Soldato
Playing an assortment of games at the moment….just started far cry 6,been playing Valhalla for a while now,also picked up fenyx rising which I actually liked and enjoyed playing a lot,also turn on the division 2 now and again.

still enjoying the games at 53

I quite fancy Far Cry 6 but waiting for the inevitable drop to £20 in about a months time :p

Shame really as there's not really anything that's "grabbing" me and so i end up with a quick blast on something like NFS Heat and then switch to doing something else.

Soldato
I've just finished The Medium and I was considering this next.

I'm enjoying it a lot, and although it hasn't received any PS5 enhancements it still looks excellent and runs at a consistent 60fps. The DLC episodes are on offer at the moment too so I might look into getting those if they're worth it.

Soldato
Playing Metro Exodus on PS5 and, having played through the previous Metro games in PC, it's really enjoyable being out in the open instead of being stuck underground most of the time. The gasmask still has it's place for certain situations, but the game has more scope. It has a similar feeling to the last Stalker game.

Man of Honour
I'm a massive wuss on scary games. Films no problem but games I can't handle. I got as far as the mould things underground.

Ha ha, I’m the same in any game where I’m being stalked by something I can’t kill.

Maybe I should break my rule and play RE 7 on easy.

Soldato
I quite fancy Far Cry 6 but waiting for the inevitable drop to £20 in about a months time :p

Shame really as there's not really anything that's "grabbing" me and so i end up with a quick blast on something like NFS Heat and then switch to doing something else.
I got the gold edition so hopefully a lot of hours involved.

Soldato
I can barely play dead space! RE4 is one of my favourite games though, but that’s not a resident evil game to be fair.

To be fair it wasn't too jump scary in the bits I played it was the anticipation of thinking something was going to happen all the time. I think they call it a psychological horror. Worth a go anyway if you fancy making yourself really uncomfortable.

Man of Honour
To be fair it wasn't too jump scary in the bits I played it was the anticipation of thinking something was going to happen all the time. I think they call it a psychological horror. Worth a go anyway if you fancy making yourself really uncomfortable.

I have no problems with jump scares or psychological horror. It’s really being stalked by something that makes me nope out of the game.

That and having very limited ammo so it’s not possible to kill everything, which I guess is similar to having an invisible bad guy stalking you. I turned the RE1 remake off the moment a dead zombie came back alive later in the game and chased me through a closed door!

It’s silly because I find all scary films boring, but something about being in control of the character in a video game makes the fear visceral.

Associate
I was bored yesterday so I decided to retry dark souls 3 on ps5. I had forgotten how good this game is. I ended up having a 5 hour plus session (with a couple of coffee breaks). I've just beaten the Crystal Sage although I still need to farm up all the items in the crab swamp. I'm trying out the butchers knife which seems pretty good but I may swap it out later. I think the area ahead of the sage has some enemies drop the great machete which I've not yet tried so I may try and test that out this time.

Associate
I have no problems with jump scares or psychological horror. It’s really being stalked by something that makes me nope out of the game.

That and having very limited ammo so it’s not possible to kill everything, which I guess is similar to having an invisible bad guy stalking you. I turned the RE1 remake off the moment a dead zombie came back alive later in the game and chased me through a closed door!

It’s silly because I find all scary films boring, but something about being in control of the character in a video game makes the fear visceral.

Ahh the Crimson heads, to be fair they are still as scary and stressful an enemy as any other game has tried to make, but they add a lot of re-playability to that game, there's a way to make sure they don't appear too.
It's well worth trying RE1 remake again to get over the scary game block, it's such a fantastic game to this day, I certainly would not recommend RE7 first - way more intense in first person, many situations where you can't fight even if you want to, arguably a lot more horror in that than RE1.

Dead Space also great but found more jump scares and more annoyed by enemies than any kind of fear, but great atmosphere in that game. All scary games induce a fight response from me, not a flight, but can still be scary and enjoyable that way too.

Man of Honour
Ahh the Crimson heads, to be fair they are still as scary and stressful an enemy as any other game has tried to make, but they add a lot of re-playability to that game, there's a way to make sure they don't appear too.
It's well worth trying RE1 remake again to get over the scary game block, it's such a fantastic game to this day, I certainly would not recommend RE7 first - way more intense in first person, many situations where you can't fight even if you want to, arguably a lot more horror in that than RE1.

Dead Space also great but found more jump scares and more annoyed by enemies than any kind of fear, but great atmosphere in that game. All scary games induce a fight response from me, not a flight, but can still be scary and enjoyable that way too.

The “horror” is not a problem in general. As I said it’s the very specific issue of being stalked by enemies that I can’t kill.

I also hate stealth games so maybe that’s related.

Back
Top Bottom