Games you're playing, and games...

Soldato
Got Ghost Recon Breakpoint preowned for $10 the other day. Gave it a go at the weekend. Spent lots of hours on the previous incarnations of it and really enjoyed them. Quite liked Wildlands too although its repetitive nature got the better of me and I didn't end up hunting all the cartel members in the end. Breakpoint more of the same, some good features and I like the combat. Sync shots are awesome if a little too easy to cheese your way through, will give it a few hours more but it seems so big that completion will be next to impossible.
Typical of a modern day Ubisoft game though isn't it? They are all the same just dressed up in different skins. It's like that comparison video of the old Walt Disney films side by side.

Caporegime
Prince of Persia - Warrior Within (PS3)

Aborted. I used to really like this back in the day but now I have little to zero patience and found the game annoying. Even on easy difficulty, the fighting takes way too long with a stupid number of combos. I felt like I was just wasting time when I could be playing something else. So have now moved on to

Prince of Persia - Two Thrones (PS3)

Soldato
Got Ghost Recon Breakpoint preowned for $10 the other day. Gave it a go at the weekend. Spent lots of hours on the previous incarnations of it and really enjoyed them. Quite liked Wildlands too although its repetitive nature got the better of me and I didn't end up hunting all the cartel members in the end. Breakpoint more of the same, some good features and I like the combat. Sync shots are awesome if a little too easy to cheese your way through, will give it a few hours more but it seems so big that completion will be next to impossible.
Typical of a modern day Ubisoft game though isn't it? They are all the same just dressed up in different skins. It's like that comparison video of the old Walt Disney films side by side.

My mate and I loved Wildlands on co-op but despite trying a few times after every successive update, we never got along with Breakpoint. It was such a weird mis-match of ideas even with all the absurd gearscore stuff and the annoying drones turned off. At times it felt like it wanted to be as immersive and detailed as possible, while other aspects felt like a downgrade from Wildlands.

The map, as detailed and vast as it was, never felt quite as enjoyable to explore as Wildlands either.

Soldato
My mate and I loved Wildlands on co-op but despite trying a few times after every successive update, we never got along with Breakpoint. It was such a weird mis-match of ideas even with all the absurd gearscore stuff and the annoying drones turned off. At times it felt like it wanted to be as immersive and detailed as possible, while other aspects felt like a downgrade from Wildlands.

The map, as detailed and vast as it was, never felt quite as enjoyable to explore as Wildlands either.
Yeah I get what you mean. I thought Wildlands was great but they have taken it and tried to blend Farcry and Divison into it and while I wouldn't say its a mess it is pretty overwhelming. Not really sure what I am doing yet although have taken out the first target and blew up the submarine in the dock. I don't mind the gearscore but I'm a Division fanboy. Will push on a bit more this weekend but pleased I haven't paid full price.

Soldato
Yeah I get what you mean. I thought Wildlands was great but they have taken it and tried to blend Farcry and Divison into it and while I wouldn't say its a mess it is pretty overwhelming. Not really sure what I am doing yet although have taken out the first target and blew up the submarine in the dock. I don't mind the gearscore but I'm a Division fanboy. Will push on a bit more this weekend but pleased I haven't paid full price.

It's a better, more immersive and less frustrating game with the gearscore and drones turned off, but still wasn't enough to save it for us. Still Ubi deserve some credit for turning the game around and continuing to support it, which is more than can be said for the likes of EA with BF2042 at this point.

Caporegime
Prince of Persia - Two Thrones (PS3)

Well that didn't go according to plan either. I got a couple of hours in and then couldn't get past one of the fights in a sand arena. Having to repeat a sequence of platforming to even get back to the fight was annoying and then I was getting more annoyed because I couldn't do the speed kills properly. I blamed it on PS3 30fps / DualShock 3 lag. So that got uninstalled.

Soldato
Resident Evil Village. Was slightly worried it'd be more RE4 than RE7 at the start (RE4 being one of the most overrated games in existence) but that quickly quelled, and I'm really enjoying it. Really intrigued to see how it all ties in to the bigger RE/Umbrella universe.

Caporegime
Resident Evil Village. Was slightly worried it'd be more RE4 than RE7 at the start (RE4 being one of the most overrated games in existence) but that quickly quelled, and I'm really enjoying it. Really intrigued to see how it all ties in to the bigger RE/Umbrella universe.

I'm hoping this comes to Sony's PS+ or Game Pass soon. Can't wait to play it.

Soldato
Picked up a few slightly older games pre-owned that I have missed out on due to having Gamepass. Started COD Cold War campaign yesterday. I love COD campaigns although appreciate I am likely in the minority. Pick up and play without having to redo a tutorial because you have forgotten the buttons. :D
They all follow a similar path, you know what you are going to get with them. Fast paced over the top action, unbelievably easy stealth sequences, scripted big moments, a bit of silliness and pure violence. This one doesn't disappoint, couple of missions in at the moment including flying a helicopter and blowing up vehicle convoys only using bullets. Yes! Great so far :)

Associate
Currently playing Gravel Special Edition which is an absolute steal at £3.29 on PS4 right now.
Its awesome for the cash and at first it reminded me of Sega Rally which is a very good thing.
The standard edition is less than £3 aswell
Impressed :)

Back
Top Bottom