Games you're playing, and games...

Soldato
Finally started playing Horizon: Forbidden West after buying it at launch.

Completed the first one and had forgotten how much I enjoyed it.

Tried the different visual modes and found the "prefer resolution" mode to be completely unplayable. I am normally ok with 30FPS on a TV but for whatever reason it feels more like 20FPS than 30. Maybe I would need to give it time to adjust (doesn't normally take me very long) but for now I will just enjoy the smooth experience under "prefer performance" mode.

Only downside is not having any of my original gear. I get why but I keep forgetting and think I am playing the first game with two health bars (shield weaver armour).... :cry:

Caporegime
Playing 5 feels so great. The only thing I miss is running while crouched. You cannot run while crouched in 5. Which seems like a step backwards.

I'm still amazed at how better it plays on my almost ancient PC compared to the Series S. The game looks really awful, they seem to have gone for 1440p60 and turned down eye candy instead of 1080p60 and keeping the visuals. I wish Sony would put some day one stuff on PS+ so I can play them there without shelling out full whack.

Caporegime
Sniper elite 5, I’m glad it’s on Gamepass as it’s a bit janky, rough around the edges. Invisible walls and the likes, movement etc. I’ve had warping going on and ridiculously bad AI as well.

Graphics aren’t the best either.

edit: oh yes, guns infinite reload is another. Not good.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sniper Elite 5 but not as impressed so far as thought I'd be - not enjoying first map so far.

Got a bit fed up with it so gave Arma Reforged a go - trial - wasn't expecting much after reading some of store reviews but although frame rate a bit low on my Series X (it needs 60fps really) and it's rather buggy - the game plays fantastic and the island unlike nearly every game I play feels real and I am quite happy just exploring. Didn't think I'd buy but I think I will

Soldato
Really enjoying it. Just finishing up mission 5 (Guernsey map) haven’t really encountered any bugs so far. Wish there were a few more rifles to choose from but that’s just a nitpick

Man of Honour
In the stages of the lost legacy. It’s a beautiful game.

Will probably move back to my XSX next and play some Jurassic Word 2, Lego Star Wars and the Flight sim update.

Caporegime
God of War II (PS3) - even though it's in the cloud, the lag doesn't appear to be impeding my progress. Some of the puzzles require quick reaction times but after a while, I do get through them. (An example - trying to fly through a lowered gate using the hot air - that took about 10 attempts.) The frame rate is shocking though. Even though it's a BluePoint remaster, the PS3 doesn't cope well with lots of stuttering and hitching.

Soldato
Gone back to Skyrim and forgot all these years on how a game can be amongst all the modern hyped rinse repeat stuff we get these days

I can't install mods on the Xbox though, it wants me to register so I put my email address in and nothing happens

I've got sniper elite 5 to play but not got round to it yet, might give it a go tonight

Soldato
Sniper Elite 5 on co-op with my mate. Enjoying it a lot so far and the maps are massive and impressively detailed. Enemy AI needs some tweaks and improvements, and the x-ray bullet cams and physics involved don't feel like they've improved much over SE4, which is a shame. It felt like the AI was a bit easier to manipulate and predict (in a good way) in the previous game whereas this one they seem to run around randomly or hone in on you immediately.

Did a few Axis Sniper invasions earlier today, they're good fun and it puts a different spin on each level. An option to prevent you from invading on levels you haven't played in the campaign yet would be welcome though.

Aside from that, I'm still on RE: Village, having just dealt with Moreau.

Soldato
Horizon Forbidden West. Time to play this finally. Started it a while back but felt a bit burnt out as I had only just finished the first then Elden Ring came out and that was that. Restart this morning and the new patch has definitely improved its looks. Going to stick with it now.

Back
Top Bottom