Gaming build help/advice desperately needed!

Associate
Was recommended OVERCLOCKERS by a work colleague when discussing my desire to get a desktop machine.
I am an avid gamer/graphic designer (logo design on adobe suite etc)/video editor (hoping to start a YouTube channel soon) and would like to get into streaming potentially.

I do really need some help regarding a build that would allow me to play the top/newer games on high-ultra settings at the best fps.

My current budget would be between £700-£1050

I have two monitors already so they would not be needed, but i would need keyboard and a mouse added into that price also. Also, an operating system (but this is not essential).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advanced!

Soldato
Pushing budget to max, intel still favoured with Adobe currently . 8 cores 12 threads and all core boost of 4.3ghz , so no slouch

Gtx 1070 easily power dual 1080p 60hz screens if you wish

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,041.48 (includes shipping: £12.60)

Forgot to add £14 cryorig Intel cooler !!!

Entry budget

Total: £756.52 (includes shipping: £12.60)​

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Pushing budget to max, intel still favoured with Adobe currently . 8 cores 12 threads and all core boost of 4.3ghz , so no slouch

Gtx 1070 easily power dual 1080p 60hz screens if you wish

Total: £1,041.48 (includes shipping: £12.60)

Forgot to add £14 cryorig Intel cooler !!!

Entry budget

Total: £756.52 (includes shipping: £12.60)

Thanks for the quick response @orbitalwalsh

Regarding Intel core i7 v AMD Ryzen which would you say is the better solely for gaming?
Also just from my own 'digging' (by digging i mean watching random YouTube videos lol) i saw this build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgiPcNRDcfI

Im assuming that is way out of my price range, but performance wise would there be a huge difference (i dont want to replicate the build in the video btw, i was just curious!)

EDIT - If i could stretch to 1200, what would you change?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom