Gaming Headset choices

Rom

Rom

Associate
I'm looking to buy a new headset, I've had a read through the sticky, but hasn't been updated for ages it seems.

Current headset is a Sennheiser PC360. It's just old and battered, so looking for an update.

I'd say I've been happy with it, and the sound quality. I play mostly fps, don't need them for anything but gaming, and voice.
Currently running from on board sound, an Asus Maximus Hero VIII. Before that, was using a sonus Xonar card (didn't fit new mobo) and I can't say I've noticed a difference in sound. So I'm no audiophile!

Price wise, I'm pretty open. £100-300, but I'm flexible. I don't need wireless, though high end offerings seem to be. I'm not adverse to buying a sound card if need be. But I'd like to actually benefit, and hear a difference.

I've had a brief look at the Astro A40 with mix amp, A50, Logitech 933. Basically all the 'best gaming headset' results.

I like the closed ear design of my current ones, with a kid, they help with background noise!

I'm looking to buy them this week, so what say you!

Cheers

Soldato
AKG K550 MK2 & Modmic is a very good closed back option for around £150. Might get away just running them out of your soundcard, though there is budget left for an external solution, like the ASUS Xonar U7 or Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD.

Headphone review - https://www.whathifi.com/akg/k550/review

I had them myself for a while before giving them to a mate in need and still regret it for gaming. Modmic just sticks on the side easily.

Back
Top Bottom