Gaming headset?

Associate
Just getting back into PC gaming and need a mic, maybe a headset.

I considered the modmic, but I have the B&W P5's and the cable isn't a standard desgn...

ImzOHdZj_o.jpg

Would a desk mic pic up keyboard noise?
Any open back headsets, £100ish recommended?
Prefer open back so can hear anyone at door etc.

Seinhesser game one seems tick all boxes but bit over budget.

Last edited:
Associate
I might be missing something here, but the Antlion Modmic (Uni or USB) just have their own cable that plugs into the respective input. You get some clips with it to clip it to the headphones existing wires if you want.

In terms of open-back gaming headsets, I might be having a moment but I can't think of any in the £100 range. All the ones that spring to mind are either closed-back or over that budget (Audio-Technica ATH-ADG1X). Hopefully others chime in.

Associate
OP
I might be missing something here, but the Antlion Modmic (Uni or USB) just have their own cable that plugs into the respective input. You get some clips with it to clip it to the headphones existing wires if you want.

In terms of open-back gaming headsets, I might be having a moment but I can't think of any in the £100 range. All the ones that spring to mind are either closed-back or over that budget (Audio-Technica ATH-ADG1X). Hopefully others chime in.
Oh didn't know about a USB modmic, so thats an option. Thanks.

Associate
Oh didn't know about a USB modmic, so thats an option. Thanks.

No worries. There are 3 current models; Uni which uses 3.5mm input, USB and a Wireless version. I personally went for the Uni because it's cheaper and more versatile (i.e. I can use it with consoles). I think the USB means there's no input issues and it also doesn't matter if your DAC/AMP doesn't have a mic input. Also the USB version has the benefit of being able to switch from uni-directional mic mode to omni-directional mic mode so gives you more options. There are some good videos on YouTube comparing the different models and input quality.

Obviously the beauty of the mod-mic is it can be used with anything. I currently have the sticky pads attached to my AKG K361s and DT990 Pros but could easily buy more to use with my other headsets.

Associate
Do they sticky pads come off easy and once off can you reuse?

I'll be honest I haven't tried.

I don't really think they are meant to be taken on and off though. More you leave them on the headphones you use with the Modmic. I would assume they don't leave any residue or damage on most plastics or surfaces used on headphones, but until I try removing one that is my best guess. Antlion do sell an accessory pack of 3 more (plus more clips) for c.£10.

I only got my Modmic Uni earlier this year and the two base clasps it came with have stuck to the respective headphones. So no issues remaining stuck on for me.

Back
Top Bottom