Gaming K65 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Keyboard, Backlit RGB LED, Cherry MX Speed RGB UK (CH-91

Soldato
Love it, took a while to get used to how light the keys are over cherry reds .I like to hover my fingers over the keys so pressed keys when I shouldn't have but got used to this in no time at all.

Associate
I'm using a K70 RGB with MX brown switches. They are supposed to be a good compromise between gaming and typing. I really enjoy typing on this keyboard and honestly I don't like a whole lot of resistance when I type. The K70 is well built, feels fantastic, and is a very enjoyable keyboard. The cable is high quality and braided and the LED backlighting is good. The key caps themselves are high quality and made of a material that feels very nice on your fingers. I don't really have any complaints about this keyboard. It is definitely the best and by far the most expensive keyboard that I've ever used. I would recommend it wholeheartedly. I don't like the font on the keycaps in some of the newer versions. The spacebar is also textured in a strange way. But the one I have, the Corsair gaming keyboard, is very nice.

What kind of switches does the K65 you are buying use? Are you sure you don't want a numpad? Mine comes in handy all the time. I know you've already ordered it so it's a moot point. Did you get the RGB version?

Soldato
OP
Yes it's got RGB Rapidfire cherry mx speed switches,I don't really use the num pad much on the keyboard I've got now and just fancyed a smaller one
Thanks for all the feedback :)

Associate
I have the K65 MX Speed RGB, Love it, My thumb sometimes hits the space bar the keys are that light even coming from a 1st gen K70 with MX Red, I don't miss the number pad at all maybe for the first 3 days or so.

Soldato
Do the K65/K70 RGB models still suffer from the flickering issue which resulted from the fix to achieve the originally advertised 16m colours?

As I understood it, the Strafe addressed the problem properly with the full colour range but no flickering at all but the older models still have it, is that still the case?

I can't have a keyboard which flickers as my peripheral vision (which is where the keyboard is when looking at the screen) is very sensitive to motion and it would drive me mad.

Soldato
Do the K65/K70 RGB models still suffer from the flickering issue which resulted from the fix to achieve the originally advertised 16m colours?

As I understood it, the Strafe addressed the problem properly with the full colour range but no flickering at all but the older models still have it, is that still the case?

I can't have a keyboard which flickers as my peripheral vision (which is where the keyboard is when looking at the screen) is very sensitive to motion and it would drive me mad.

Mine has no flickering.

Back
Top Bottom