Gaming laptop £1000 Gigabyte G5 3060?

Associate
Hi, i was initialling looking to spend no more than 700 but seeing as all those laptops in that range are terrible im upping it to 1000, i dont like MSI or ASUS but i do like Gigabyte but im not sure on how the build quality is as i still want the laptop to be portable and able to take a knock or two like Lenovo or Dell for example.

I really like the look of the new G5 KC-5UK2130SH that OC are listing on pre-order for 999. Is there literally anything better than this?

Associate
Not for the money. The processor is a new i5 (6 core, 12 threads) so should be plenty powerful enough.

It has the best screen in price range too, loads of storage options.

I'm waiting for clarification as to the GPU wattage - is it the gimped 80w or the decent 115w

Looks to be based on the CLEVO NH55DPQ chassis (which is not a bad thing)

Associate
I've been pointed in the same direction of the g5 but am struggling to find info on how well it's built ( filmsy \ bendy } as well as screen info such as colour range , response time and brightness.

At the moment Lenovo seem ok and hp

Soldato
I've been pointed in the same direction of the g5 but am struggling to find info on how well it's built ( filmsy \ bendy } as well as screen info such as colour range , response time and brightness.

At the moment Lenovo seem ok and hp
It’s a great spec laptop but given how ‘cheap’ it’s is (for what you get) there has to be compromises somewhere.

Soldato
I have purchased this model today G5 3060RTX version, does anyone know a release date.
It’s not so much the release date that will be the determining factor but availability based on how many are being made and how many people have pre ordered. I expect it’s popular and I expect there will be a long queue that started many weeks ago.

Associate
It’s not so much the release date that will be the determining factor but availability based on how many are being made and how many people have pre ordered. I expect it’s popular and I expect there will be a long queue that started many weeks ago.
I read somewhere shipping starts 26th of February i meant my bad

Last edited:
Associate
This looks like a good buy if you can get it and the chassis is likely better than some of Gigabyte's own constructions. I have had Gigabyte Aero 14s and 15s for a few years for work. That's a totally different price-point but the chassis and build quality on the Aeros has been questionable in my experience. Flimsy plastic chassis that dents and picks up scratches easily. Also, lots of keyboard key issues with both models for me (keys literally coming off). When you look at the Aero chassis and compare it to a Razer Blade 15, which is milled out of a solid block of aluminium, it just feels crappy despite the expense. Razer has other issues though in my experience, which I won't go into here.

Associate
This looks like a good buy if you can get it and the chassis is likely better than some of Gigabyte's own constructions. I have had Gigabyte Aero 14s and 15s for a few years for work. That's a totally different price-point but the chassis and build quality on the Aeros has been questionable in my experience. Flimsy plastic chassis that dents and picks up scratches easily. Also, lots of keyboard key issues with both models for me (keys literally coming off). When you look at the Aero chassis and compare it to a Razer Blade 15, which is milled out of a solid block of aluminium, it just feels crappy despite the expense. Razer has other issues though in my experience, which I won't go into here.
I completely agree with you, but to be fair i will connect this laptop to a monitor i have, use a gaming keyboard and mouse so i wouldn't worry too much about wearing this down.

Associate
I completely agree with you, but to be fair i will connect this laptop to a monitor i have, use a gaming keyboard and mouse so i wouldn't worry too much about wearing this down.

Yes this is by far the best way. It will save the laptop keyboard and trackpad. That way you can also bypass Optimus and get the most out of that GPU.

Back
Top Bottom