Gaming Laptop £1800-2300 Budget

Associate
Hey guys.

I am looking to get a new gaming laptop to replace my MSI GS66 Stealth (which I am giving to my girlfriend for the nice price of £400, partly so she has a laptop that can nicely run games we play)

Budget is in the heading

Hoping to get a GTX3070Ti, 1TB+ SSD, 16GB+ RAM System. I am not too worried about Processor Manufacturer, but would like it to have decent PSU and Motherboard.

My GS66 Stealth has been nice, but my main complaint is that it runs pretty loud and pretty hot when under load, to the point where I force the maximum CPU value to 99% to prevent the boost feature
I know this is normal for laptops, but the 80 degree temps and noise scare me lol. I was thinking of going 17" as maybe this helps on with temps/fans (though I am not sure, hence part of the reason I am requesting your help!)

I would build a new desktop but it is not really an option as I am between places quite a lot lately so I do need the portability of a laptop.

Any help would be appreicated
Cheers!

Associate
Hey guys.

I am looking to get a new gaming laptop to replace my MSI GS66 Stealth (which I am giving to my girlfriend for the nice price of £400, partly so she has a laptop that can nicely run games we play)

Budget is in the heading

Hoping to get a GTX3070Ti, 1TB+ SSD, 16GB+ RAM System. I am not too worried about Processor Manufacturer, but would like it to have decent PSU and Motherboard.

My GS66 Stealth has been nice, but my main complaint is that it runs pretty loud and pretty hot when under load, to the point where I force the maximum CPU value to 99% to prevent the boost feature
I know this is normal for laptops, but the 80 degree temps and noise scare me lol. I was thinking of going 17" as maybe this helps on with temps/fans (though I am not sure, hence part of the reason I am requesting your help!)

I would build a new desktop but it is not really an option as I am between places quite a lot lately so I do need the portability of a laptop.

Any help would be appreicated
Cheers!
ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition - 15.6inch:

CPU - 5900HX
GPU - 6800M
RAM - 16GB
1440p or 1080p (165hz or 240hz)

Have this laptop myself and was bought for gaming when i go to my partners house (i do long gaming sessions), never had any issues and was very surprised on the performance and audible fan noise. I got it cheaper on a deal but you are looking around £1,700. 80c and moderate fan noise is completely normal on a laptop when you are hitting it hard and it can be reduced with certain cooling pads.

Back
Top Bottom