Gaming Laptop advice - maximum budget £1300

Soldato
Hi all

Looking at getting a gaming laptop. I want it to run most modern games on fairly decent settings. I mainly play FPS or 3rd person shooter games.

I accept my budget isnt great. But having looked around I have landed on on the below as a good option for my budget.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...0hz-fhd-i7-9750h-gaming-laptop-lt-2ak-ms.html

But I would welcome other suggestions and feedback on different manufacturers.

I want 15.6" screen size as a minimum. I would like a decent balance of ssd/conventional storage capability and performance.

I'm aiming towards Intel chips as I read that AMD alternatives aren't as good but open to suggestions.

Also mainly looking at Nvidia GPU's but happy to consider AMD providing they are comparative to Nvidia. Looks like the RTX 2060 is the best I can hope for with my budget.

I welcome any suggestions and advice.

Soldato
OP
Associate
Decimate is a strong term. Put it in terms of percentage improvement for me?

Any idea how long the wait is on these?

AMD’s Ryzen 7 4800HS APU has been spotted on the Time Spy benchmark, where it performed remarkably well judging on the reported score. Surprisingly, the chip with a 35 W TDP managed to overtake the 45 W Ryzen 7 4800H, which will undoubtedly delight future gaming-laptop buyers. Once again, Intel’s Core i7-9700K desktop CPU had to play catch up.

Link.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for replies.

On reflection, I decided to go for a 1660ti based system as it performs well enough for my needs and from what I read rtx enabled frame rates are pretty bad on lower specced cards like the 2060 so it seems more of a marketing ploy?

So I have ordered this:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...s-144hz-i7-9750h-gaming-laptop-lt-0a6-gi.html

In my head the benefits of going 1660ti are the budget stretches to more SSD storage and a 17.3 IPS screen. Also - the msi laptops have fixed red backlight. Bleurgh! The Auros has RGB. I'm a sucker for funky lighting :rolleyes::p

I have a spare m2 for an additional SSD if I need one.

Have to say after 7 years away from PC gaming, I am looking forward getting a versatile laptop. To be honest the main games I will play wont test this laptop. Quake Live, CS:GO etc.

But it's good enough to play some good modern games at reasonable settings with reasonable frames.

Back
Top Bottom