• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gaming on 32" tv ?

Associate
Just wondering if possible to game on a 32" tv without it looking poor.

It's either get the base unit now, game on tv for few weeks, or hold off a few weeks till get Monitor also.

I was planning on getting the rig with HD5850 if that makes difference ?

TV & specs are...
Toshiba Regza 32AV615DB 32-inch
3D Digital Comb Filter: Yes
Brightness (cd/m2): 500
Dymanic Contrast Ratio: 18000:1
Resolution: 1366 x 768
Response Time (G to G): 8 ms
Screen Format: 16:9
Screen Size: 30" - 39"
Selectable Picture Format: Yes
Viewing Angle: 178
Visible Screen Size: 81 CM

Im worried about this screen burn issue or something, dont want to mess up my tv:eek:

Would i be able to game & it to look decent for few weeks, or should i hold off till get monitor.

ryu

ryu

Associate
i do this on my 32" Hyundai of similar spec using vga cable, while the res isnt amazing, it will definately be fine has a tempory thing

Associate
It would look ok, but I have tried a 30 inch, and you have to be sat a fair distance otherwise you start to tan, and scream "my eyes my eyes!!"

I'm looking at a 3009W Dell (or whatever it is) but will have it wall-mounted flat, I will move my desk a 6 inches or so, so about 4 ft away is about right I would say!!

That resolution would not be too bad either, it just depends how picky you wanna be.. and in here we are picky, that's why most here opt for high res screens.. and this may be the wrong section :)

Associate
OP
It's just a temp thing as i say :)

Im just worried it will look awful, and more importanly it doesn't ruin my tv. If those two are not worrys for now, then i can put up with it for a couple of weeks till get monitor.:)

Back
Top Bottom