Gaming pc first ever one

Associate
OP
Well spoke to the wife and I have decided to build it myself and do the build in stages.ie save up every month and get the bits, this way I won't need to put it on the credit card and maybe I could get a better psu and board for a future upgrade if needed.

First order will be tomorrow :)

Associate
Building it yourself is the fun part! :D if it all works out well haha...

An X99 Build with a 5820K is as a good shout if you don't need the extra PCI Lanes... Probably be a bit cheaper also with skylake being pretty expensive at the moment. :)

Associate
OP
I am still going for the skylake set up I'm ordering a few bits right now,well the stuff that is on offer that is, I should have a complete build by March and in the mean time I will be looking at a lot of beginner build guides on YouTube lol

Associate
Nice one post some pics along the way if you can, it is great learning to build - after all - if there is a niggle in the future it is ace if you are confident to take the side off and reseat a few things and do a system test.

Have you got a techy friend who can help with your first go?

Associate
OP
Went to ikea today to get my desk set up and led track lighting for the desk, happy days and some of my pc build turned up today,just lucky no one took it,good old Royal Mail lol

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Guys this is going to be a stupid question but do I need thermal paste for the build as I'm ordering more parts now so will add that on to the list to ??????

Associate
OP
Guys I'm going with the skylake build which is in page one can I add a cd,blue ray drive to it ?? And which one just to note I will be adding this to the build at a later date cheers all

Back
Top Bottom