gaming pc to play diablo 3.

Soldato
OP
Check out the MM. Quite a few HTPC`s and parts to suit your needs.

i dont do 2nd hand, i have to get new stuff. just a thing i have :p

if i get one of the ocuk value cases

i wont need much of a system to be storage and internet use.

could i go passive cooled gpu?

i have 3tb drives but my current mobo has no more sata slots, so i want a mobo that can take more.

my media is streamed to 2 360s so it wont actually be doing any hard work.

Soldato
Just to reiterate what has been suggested above, Diablo 3 isn't likely to be too demanding so your current system will likely cope quite we'll. The 5850 is still a good graphics card and holds it's own when compared to new £100 cards. I would probably throw on an aftermarket cooler and try overclocking your processor a wee bit if you haven't done so already.

As for a media system, there are quite a few options.

1. AMD Zacate, ultra low power, integrated basic Radeon gpu on the CPU. Plays 1080p video fine but I've found if streaming, playing videos & downloading simultaneously it can get sluggish. I've a totally.passive board so is very quiet.

2. Basic Intel Pentium/Celeron with passive Radeon 6450.

3. AMD Llano. Sweet spot is probably the tri core processors and will cope with a bit of low level gaming.

As for the SSD, I love mine in my htpc but could live without the one in the gaming rig.

Associate
I wouldn't upgrade, blizzard games tend to be not that demanding.

BIG SSD BIG SSD BIG SSD BIG SSD BIG SSD BIG SSD BIG SSD BIG SSD BIG SSD BIG SSD BIG SSD BIG SSD BIG SSD BIG SSD BIG SSD BIG SSD BIG SSD BIG SSD BIG SSD

Associate
if that is the case i would like a spec to run a media/storage pc.

would need

case
psu
cpu
mobo
gpu

ssd for gaming pc

As everyone else has said pretty much SSD and keep your existing kit should be fine for Diablo.

As for the media/storage couple of options:

If your just after media playback something like the boxee (£150), WD Live (£75) offer out the box no messing about or go for Acer Revo RL70 (£180)which you can chuck xmbc onto and off you go, but you will need to look at media storage seperately for these.

Or you could go the HP Proliant Microserver (N40L about £140 after cashback) throw in a graphics card that supports audio via the hdmi and you have a box that will hold 4/5 drives pop linux+xmbc and you have storage and playback, you could even turn this into a NAS and combine it with one of the options above for media playback. Long thread here on what people have done with theirs.

Back
Top Bottom