Garden Fixed - Artificial Grass (Progress Pictures)

kai

kai

Soldato
The top end of our garden has been a real issue due to being a new build and the drainage. I have done several posts over the years, but I finally decided to bite the bullet.

Garden progress over the 3 years.
top_end_garden.jpg

Step One - A rough winter.
IMG_0953.jpg

Step Two - Digger

IMG_0956.jpg

Step Three - Create a mess, then fill with hardcore.

IMG_0959.jpg

Step Four - Screed
IMG_0982.jpg

Step Five - Wait several weeks for a sunny day.

IMG_1242.jpg

Step Six -Rrealise the landscaper you hired is an idiot. He has cut and glued the grass in the wrong pile direction.

From the top of the garden, it looks correct.

It should look like this!
IMG_1247.jpg

So now i have to wait several months for the grass directions to evenly distribute. I have spoken with the supplier and they have suggested to keep brushing it towards the house and infil with sand tomorrow.

Anway time to enjoy

IMG_1253.jpg

Complete Job:

£940 for the Artificial Grass 15 x 4m
£1,200 landscaper including skip and digger
£300 materials (hardcore, sand, cement, timber frames)

Next phase is to have a garden office fitted at the bottom corner.

Capture11.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Looks good. Was thinking of something similar as we're going through the process of buying a new build and I've read that the grass is a pig to try and keep alive.

Are there no drainage holes in the scree? Does rainwater not collect in puddles?

Associate
The one I'm planning... Just need to save! It's looking like 12-15 k :(

Blimey. Still would be nice to have.

Looks good. Was thinking of something similar as we're going through the process of buying a new build and I've read that the grass is a pig to try and keep alive.

New build grass can be poorly laid, it can also be well laid. if its not watered it won't take and will die but it's easy enough to rectify.

kai

kai

Soldato
OP

Are there no drainage holes in the scree? Does rainwater not collect in puddles?

There is a gradient on the scree. It runs to a soakaway outside the fence.

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
garden looks very long and extremely narrow, or is that just part of your garden to the side of the house and the real back garden is in the other direction?

It is really difficult to show on pictures due to the shape of the garden. It's a really big garden, just an odd shape. I am probably only showing 1/3 in the above photos. The reason we completed the top section first was due to the drainage issue plus the arrival of a dog.

To the side of the house (outside of view) is another yard. There is also the bottom of the garden that backs onto my garage - this is the view from my office. There is also a fair amount of garden hidden to the left of that office view photo that is patio/paving slabs.

The garden office is going to be fitted in the corner backing onto my garage, with decking and a new top layer of gravel.

Current office view:
IMG_1299.jpg

This is going to be stage 2. Stage 3 is the side of the house (top left) a seating area and brick bbq.

Soldato
Not a fan of fake grass, not good for the wild life. Plus I like cutting grass, gives me something to do.
Mine goes down next week, it previously took me longer to get the mower out of the cellar and put it back than it did to mow the lawn which for 75% of the year was an unusable bog and for the remainder was covered in huge dead patches from kids toys etc. I can't wait to have a lawn that looks great all the time, is usable year round and means I no longer have to store use and maintain a collection of tools that were just a pain for the space.

Soldato
Ours has been down for 6 months now, it's fantastic most of the time, now mowing thank god, always green,and feels nice to walk on BUT in this weather it gets seriously hot, you can not go bare foot on it as it will burn, and i find when running about with the kids i get static shocks on the metal washing pole.

We also have a nice Composite decking area I've just built so pretty maintenance free garden we can enjoy.

Will try and take a photo tomorrow of it all.

Back
Top Bottom