Garden shed for bike

Soldato
Hey all just wondering what sheds people rate.

I need one, but due to tight space it only needs to be big enough for a bike and some tools.

Timber or plasic/metal? Seen some around the 300 pound mark that look OK?

Soldato
Is it an expensive bike and/or tools? If so, I'd check your insurance to see if has any requirements on where your bike should be stored. A flimsy plastic one may not count as a 'suotable structure' (or whatever wording they use in the policy).

Soldato
I've got my eye on one from screwfix but I think it's metal, except in my case it only for none expensive stuff but they don't seem to have any floors in either.

Soldato
I was in the same situation and spent ages looking for a suitable sized bike shed for my small garden.
In the end I went with the LifeTime 60170
It's a decent size, can fit 2 possibly 3 adult bikes in and also has the option of shelving. I saw similar Keter sheds but thought the LifeTime looked better quality.
Keep an eye on Amazon as I've seen it go as low as £330.

It took me around 3 hours to build and the quality of the panels and plastics is decent, instructions are excellent and all the screws are in individual blister packs which makes life a lot easier.

It's possibly not as rigid as a wooden shed, though I think that's down to the open/lift up top design more than material quality. Once the lid is closed it's sturdy. It also has a pad lock hoop, though if someone wants to get into it badly enough it wouldn't be difficult, I see it more as a deterrent.

Over all I'm very happy with it. With the recent storms we've had some hard rain and wind and it's holding up well and stayed dry inside.

If you can find it for £350 or under I'd say its excellent value for money and to get a comparable wooden shed you'd need to spend at least double and then some more for a finish.

Personally I'd stay well clear of the very cheap wooden sheds.

Associate
If it's an expensive bike, this is what you need. Had mine 10 years and I love it. That and a heavy duty motorbike chain/lock inside will keep your bike safe.

Price has gone up a bit - I paid around £450 for mine.

Just remember to clean it out a couple of times a year - spiders do seem to quite like it :cry:

Back
Top Bottom