Gatwick Airport Parking / Hotels

Man of Honour
Hi,

I'm flying from Gatwick in April - never flown from there before, don't know which terminal I'm going from yet (but flying to Florence - think it's the South terminal?). But I'll need parking for about 5 days. And I'll probably go down the afternoon before and stay in a cheapo hotel, something like a permier inn would be fine, just need a bed.

Does anyone have any recommendations of parking companies with a regular 24h shuttle service to/from the airport and know of any such hotels around that area?

Thanks,

J.

Tea Drinker
Don
Try Travelodge in East Grinstead, not Gatwick rates so rooms are cheap and a taxi ride there is £10 and you can leave your car in the surrounding area for nothing.

Or you can leave your car at mine if you leave me the keys

Soldato
If you want a Taxi company use Road Runners on 0871 200 7777. They charge by the mile so it doesn't matter what time of day you use them, by far the cheapest in the area and they have been very reliable every time I have used them.

Soldato
The travel inn on the Balcombe road, pound hill and leave the car near my place and get a taxi. Or the travel in at East Grinstead and then APH parking just down the road who do regular shuttles to the airport.

Soldato
APH have a very good reputation. Be wary of some of the ones closer to the airport. A couple got busted a couple of years back for leaving cars on the local industrial estate (Manor Royal) when they were supposed to be in secure parking.

Soldato
Grow up? nice.

Roadrunners charge £13 according to their website, I've not had to take an EG taxi for a while and had just been charged £8 for going up the bloody road in Brighton :/

Soldato
Ha, I live in Pound Hill! Well, I'd say Worth if I wanted to sound a bit pretentious... :p

I've found Metro taxis to be the cheapest personally.

Don't know about prices, but I know Gatwick Worth hotel has regular shuttle buses to and from the airport.

Soldato
I usually put Pound Hill whenever I need to enter my address into a form, but the auto-address finders always say my postcode is Worth... so why fight it??

Back
Top Bottom