Gatwick Valet Parking

Soldato
funnily enough noticed one on msn the other day about a guy from notts leaving his transit , i think at gatwick valet services while he went on holiday came back with 100 miles more on it and a parking ticket from some street in the local town. he got the ticket paid and his fee back.
maybe same problem car just parked on a side street and moved about?

My van was taken on 100-mile joyride after I parked it with valet firm - I even got a £70 fine (thesun.co.uk)

there you go:)

I can't imagine anyone taking a Transit for a "joyride". More likely someone who works for the parking firm needed some gear shifting :p

Soldato
Loads of dodgy car parking companies run around Gatwick. Local kebab shop owner used to run one and park them in Pound hill, others on back roads, never secure. I would only use the official north or south terminal ones or APC whom I see locally, know where the car park is and see the coaches running back and forth from Gatwick.

Quick search.. I found trace adverts for it, I wonder if he has a 6ft fence yet! :D

https://www.redhillandreigatelife.co.uk/news/4757202.gatwick-parking-scam-exposed/

https://www.parkandgo.co.uk/gatwick-airport/gatwick-secure-parking/

Associate
I've religiously used these services. Last was LGW in Jan (Looking4Parking) and I can't fault them, car had not gone far (they say less than 10 miles return) and the price was good. The better ones have cameras that take a photo of your car all round. This was £60 for 2 weeks, bargain.

The only problem I ever had was in Luton - which to be frank is a hell hole - I got back, wen to the desk to find nobody there but my keys and that of a relatively new RR sport. £100k+ of keys. I grabbed mine and wandered about trying to find the car. I was then asked where I got my keys and that's when a big argument occurred and then suddenly the "no English" came out - idiots. They'd also unplugged my dash cam. Complained and basically was fobbed off, so they'll never be used again (nor Luton if possible).

Associate
Same as others park yourself and take the key with u
Valet parking is just crap most of thr time especially for airports

Did that one year, we went off for a two week holiday to Florida, after the two weeks I waved my family away back to the UK as next day I was going over to the West coast for a week. Unfortunately, I only realised a few hours later that they keys were in my rucksack and not someway over the atlantic. Wife had to hire a car to drive home to get the spare and drive back to pick up our car.

Man of Honour
I've used it a couple of time with company cars and it was fantastic to be honest... that said if I owned a nice car (which I don't) I don't think I'd do it. Though that said having done it with our crappy family SUV, which I don't really care about, it's quite useful when you're lugging your family with you.

However, now the kids are older we do use the offsite parking and take the bus (for some reason the kids love the bus!).

Back
Top Bottom