GD Loves a neighbourly love story

Caporegime
Picture it: Lovely flat, floor to ceiling windows / doors, nice small little balcony. Penthouse suite, if you will. Balcony below us now inhabits some junkies who can't help but smoke weed on their balcony, every single day without fail. Makes our flat stink something silly, and on the business end of the flat the common areas now have that horrid stale-weed smell. It's disgusting.

Emailed landlord 6 weeks ago, many times since then, nothing being done, got the managing agent involved, still nothing. And wouldn't you believe it, whilst sitting at my desk shooting aliens in the face, the smell returns. Ye ol' faithful, stinking out our flat again. Wife gets fed up, goes to balcony and leans over, gets all sorts of abuse and whatnot. Email landlord again, copying in managing agent.

Also phone coppers, get a crime number. I'll probably end up emailing ol' Chuka Umunna soon too, let him earn his keep for once.

The sting in the tail this time is that after my wife kicked the hornet's nest and got called all sorts of unfriendly things, I went and took photos of them which they didn't seem all that keen on for various reasons. I may need to contact those Minority Report folks and see if I can get a face ID.

Anyway. Time will tell. I'll keep you posted on what happens.

Ciao xxx

Soldato
My parents neighbour smoked outside his front door which stunk out their living room (he had emphysema as well :rolleyes:). They complained and environmental health did nothing even though it had an impact on my mum's breathing. You might be lucky that they are smoking weed though.

Soldato
Buy spice, roll joint and drop it onto their balcony. Trust me, junkies won't care that it appeared from nowhere, they'll think they dropped it and just light it up.

Man of Honour
Unfortunately the ' weed is harmless ' blah, blah , blah brigade will just tell you to live with it.

The stuff stinks and travels to other people properties, i've had first hand experience so can relate to this with an ex neighbour.

Not to mention that weed 'culture' attracts people at all time of the day, so expect it to grow, with all sorts of wastes of space looking for a safe place to 'chill and be harmless'

Good luck getting it sorted

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
The only thing stoners will be affected by is the threat of imminent police action, everything else is a minor.

But it has to be real, like copper knocking on their door as soon as the sit down to roll the joint...

If you have a few big friends who don't mind staying over and dressing up like cops then that should do the trick. Your wife will never be so happy ;)

A week of them seeing cops through their peep whole every time there's a smell they'll soon start going out on the street.

Soldato
The only thing stoners will be affected by is the threat of imminent police action, everything else is a minor.

But it has to be real, like copper knocking on their door as soon as the sit down to roll the joint...

If you have a few big friends who don't mind staying over and dressing up like cops then that should do the trick. Your wife will never be so happy ;)

A week of them seeing cops through their peep whole every time there's a smell they'll soon start going out on the street.
Hilarious you think the police will turn up for someone smoking a joint in their home, they don't even turn up for Burglary's anymore. :D

Soldato
Well, in this case, there is simply nothing you can do except buying the entire building and evicting them.

Caporegime
Yikes. Might have been better to go and knock on the neighbours door have a chat with them face to face before this escalated!

Then again I presume they're renting... just keep on at the landlord and managing agents - get some other neighbours involved too if you can, you're probably not the only one who is annoyed with them if it affecting the communal areas as well as drifting into your flat from the balcony.

Caporegime
incidentally if they are leaseholders rather than renters then they might well be breaking the terms of their lease. It is perhaps a bit harder to get it sorted in that case than the typical renters/short hold tenants who can be kicked out by the landlord(leaseholder), but you can (AFAIK) try to get the freeholder involved too in the case of leaseholders who are taking the ****.

Caporegime
Surely a drugs war, rather than a war against drugs, requires two sides of drug pedlars? OP makes it sound like weed vs. yankee candle :p

Sounds like two dystopian gangs. The weeds vs. the yankee candles.....
Diddums' wife throwing shade at drug-crazed gangsters will result in swift and possibly violent retribution. Diddums will then gather an elite crew of tough yet lovable rogues to fight back and save his lippy wife's honour and oh my god I would watch this film so hard.

Back
Top Bottom