Gears of war 4 is coming!

Caporegime
Harsh score but the whole of the single player campaign feels so 'paint by numbers'. It's all a great big retread which adds nothing new to the experience and has no memorable moments or set pieces.

Agreed, the story was ****ing thin. Told you nothing you wanted to know. Didn't resolve any of the Jinn rubbish, tell you why JD left the COG. Why Anya died etc etc. The only characters you might remotely care about were the old ones.

Just reloading G1 into the 360 and will crash through the first three again. Killing the fish in Gears 2 was more challenging than these bosses.

I disagree. I thought the last level alone with the big robots was at least a 7. It brought a massive smile to my face.

It was a walkthrough. Hold LB and fire rockets. It was terrible as Gears 'vehicle' type levels go. You was just in an OP robot. Compared to fighting stuff in the thingyback in previous gears you couldn't really die.

Soldato
Got this Saturday (yday) afternoon and have been getting through it.
Just got to Act 5 but really should go to bed now. Good game.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I got a retail copy so got the codes in the box but after playing through gears 1 and part way through 2 it's reinforced what utter gash gears 4 is.

Gears 1 had better enemy Ai, although the team Ai was drivel. They are well worth playing through again. 10 years since gears 1 and it holds up pretty well.

Soldato
Just finished the game and traded it back in for £22, after paying £30.
Best £8 I have spent. The game only arrived yesterday afternoon lol.

Oh no! So I needed the codes from the Boomerang rental box? Well that's not going to happen. I will have to buy it digitally from Christmas.

Hey buddy I have some digital codes you can have as I have them already.
Hit me up on trust and I'll ping em over.

Soldato
Oh no! So I needed the codes from the Boomerang rental box? Well that's not going to happen. I will have to buy it digitally from Christmas.

Nope, the game will need to registered as being played on your account, basically get one achievement. The codes will be sent to you at a later date.

Caporegime
Hey buddy I have some digital codes you can have as I have them already.
Hit me up on trust and I'll ping em over.

That's very kind of you but I'll hold out a little bit longer as per the post below. And then I'll badger Microsoft to see.

Nope, the game will need to registered as being played on your account, basically get one achievement. The codes will be sent to you at a later date.

Soldato
I can't decide whether to buy this digitally. I have finished the campaign and I am selling my copy to a mate, so would have two mates to coop/Horde with if did buy it.

Back
Top Bottom