Gears of War PC Footage Leaked

Soldato
They removed it :(

Lucky I found this one then, quality is pretty bad though but watchable

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8Hm5psi_32s
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/80856.html (Edit: found a better quality one)

I knew Gears of War was rushed out and unfinished for the 360, this 'new' content for the PC version would explain why it felt the story was chopped to bits after the 3rd Act.

I will tell you something though if we dont get the added chapters on the 360 to complete the story I am going to be seriously pee'd off :mad: I am hoping they are going to make an announcement at E3 about the PC version and hopefully 'new' content from the PC version for the 360.

SPOLIERS!! (I guess..)

The Brumak Boss (big locust thing) fits right in after Act 4 where the locust destroy the mansion and you escape in the APC. It could be the first part of Act 5 instead of jumping straight on the train. In the trailer Dom says "Think we can still make it in time?" which further backs up what I was saying about the Brumak (as in fighting it, then going for the train). Also did it make sense to anyone else that a train just happens to come along and just happens to be carrying the light-mass bomb? Thats what I am getting at by it feels like they chopped the story to make it in time for release, there were lots of unexplained things that you just had to guess at.

Last edited:
Soldato
I always wondered why they had spent so much time an effort on the Brumak (it was in the UE3 tech demo, iirc) and as kalanium says, you only saw it once in the game, and it looked amazing. I do wonder, though, how much the graphics can be improved over the 360 version, as ,imho, it is one of the best looking games ever.

Permabanned
knowledge123 said:
I saw the "A" button 28 seconds in, to climb over obstacles. :o
Yeah unless they were just left in perhaps, but still I didn't hear anything about a PC version and aren't they busy with UT3?

Episodic content maybe? :confused:

Soldato
9245_achievement.jpg

larger version

2861_achievement3.jpg

Hmmmm?

Last edited:
Permabanned
KNiVES said:
Oh dear. It's a feature of 'Games for Windows'. This means Gears of War will be Vista only.
Is that because it has achievements? Some other games including Crysis are games for Windows but work on XP!

Caporegime
Jihad said:
Sure that's the PC version? Saw the on screen instructions for a curb stomp, it was the 360 "X" button.
It's the PC's "Achievement Unlocked" Icon that says 'home' on it. It's the same as those in Halo 2 (PC).

Looks great, can't wait! :)

Caporegime
I've played it on the 260 so not really interested in upgrading my pc for an extra boss.

Not fussed whether they release this as content either. I'd rather they just put that boss into the 2nd installment of 5 levels ;)

PC version will probably come on 2 dvds.

Soldato
Jihad said:
Is that because it has achievements? Some other games including Crysis are games for Windows but work on XP!

The footage is being used with a 360 controller as well as achievements. Games for Windows that are Vista-only has 360 controller support.

Soldato
can't wait to play against you in a PC online FPS then ;).

Forgive me for being naieve, but, what proof exactly is there that this is infact for windows and not just some extra content for the 360.

Pah, every console port is terribly optimised anyway.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Shamikebab said:
Thats a pretty wild statement, sure most are but the GTA games are far better on PC.

True, the financial home of the gta in on the home console but the spiritual home has always been on the PC.

What people have to remember about most ports is that they simply get the game to run on the pc then ship it.

Back
Top Bottom