gears of war

Soldato
-Nick- said:
yea but pc is better lol. it's longer story and better graphics...apparently

Nice dig there :)

Although you are right PC are more powerful overall Gears of War looks better then anything PC has to offer at moment apart from Crysis (and thats not out) and on console been out for a while.

360 a fantastic bit of equipment and has games PC wont see so i wouldn't be to harsh. :)

And from videos dosnt look any better then 360 version i personally enjoyed the game i think the person comment above was on gameplay not graphics well id like to think so. :)

Dont want to start a war but it annoys me when i see comments like this and doing 360 abit of injustice tbh.

Soldato
bingham67 said:
Although you are right PC are more powerful overall Gears of War looks better then anything PC has to offer at moment apart from Crysis (and thats not out) and on console been out for a while.
Yeah, until you look at it closely, through the myriad of lighting effects, and see that the textures are really low resolution and there's practically no AA and absolutely no AF. The PC version will actually look decent.

If the PC version is a direct translation of the console version, textures and all, then it will look like utter turd without AA/AF compared to pretty much any other recent PC game. To cite an example, look at Oblivion before you fix the textures and add AA/AF, it looks like utter bloody gash, like the Xbox 360 version does.

The Xbox 360 outputs some nice graphics, but they completely lack any detail and definition.

bingham67 said:
360 a fantastic bit of equipment and has games PC wont see so i wouldn't be to harsh. :)
Not long ago people were saying that the PC wouldn't see Gears Of War or Lost Planet. Then again, the PC also has titles the Xbox 360 won't see, so that point is moot anyway.

The less console ports we see the better anyway, to be honest. The PC market is too flooded with horribly optimised ports that don't even play worth half a damn, we need more PC exclusive titles.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom