gears of war

Soldato
Jihad said:
Most 360 games are also coming out on PC I'd also bet that Fable 2 comes out on PC as well as Halo 3.

Its swings and roundabouts as they say. :)

There games i can list on 360 and there games i can list on PC not just 360 but PS3 also Metal Gear Solid, GTA IV wont be seeing it on PC for a while and for PC you got Crysis etc.

Ulfhedjinn You might be right on Gears tbh for me from eyes view i see no difference.

Completely disagree that they lack definition and detail what rubbish Assassins Creed just take a look at COD 4 videos if that lacking detail i dont know what is.

Anyway completely going of course we will have to agree to disagree i guess. :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
bingham67 said:
There games i can list on 360 and there games i can list on PC not just 360 but PS3 also Metal Gear Solid, GTA IV wont be seeing it on PC for a while and for PC you got Crysis etc.
But I was talking about 360. :D

GTA4 will probably come to PC like a year after, I'm not bothered though I'll get the 360 version.

Soldato
Jihad said:
But I was talking about 360. :D

GTA4 will probably come to PC like a year after, I'm not bothered though I'll get the 360 version.

PGR 4, Mass Effect like i say swings and roundabouts. :)

I will throw in some more Army of Two, Battlefield Bad Company list goes on like i say they might come to pc a while after just like Crysis could come to 360, PS3 although maybe toned down i would admit.

Like i say never said 360 more powerful but to say game lack definition and detail is total rubbish just look at these 3 Assassins Creed, Call of Duty 4, Mass Effect i mean hello am i missing something all shown off on 360 hardware. :)

Only reason port looks so bad is because they have not been optimized properly blame developers for lazy actions hence why they run perfectly fine on 360. PS3.The same thing has happened with ports from 360 to PS3 also games can clearly not be ported very well from 360 to PS3 as it hard to transfer properly and PS3 is now being taken up by lead designers as its easier to port the other way.

Last edited:
Soldato
bingham67 said:
Ulfhedjinn You might be right on Gears tbh for me from eyes view i see no difference.

Completely disagree that they lack definition and detail what rubbish Assassins Creed just take a look at COD 4 videos if that lacking detail i dont know what is.
You can't really tell from a video though, most videos look like utter tosh. It's only when the game is on your TV/monitor and you can see all the detail and AA/AF ect. that it can really be judged properly.

Example: Crysis looks pretty poor if you judge it purely on the videos, but everyone knows it'll look so much better once it's actually on their screen and they can appreciate the detail first-hand.

Plug your Xbox 360 into my Sammy 32" and we'll both run Oblivion on it and see which looks gash. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Very true

But lack definition and detail have you seen Mass Effect ? bit of wild statement tbh.

Crysis looks poor lol you can tell by the HD video along time ago Crysis wasnt going to be poor graphically. Oh ye i know you dont see true detail but you can tell pretty much what your expecting.

I will wait until i see the game to make a true analysis i know that is the only way but from what i see there no difference and this is a port right. ?

Running on same engine cant see it being from ground up reworked.

Last edited:
Soldato
bingham67 said:
Very true

But lack definition and detail have you seen Mass Effect ? bit of wild statement tbh.

Crysis looks poor lol you can tell by the HD video along time ago Crysis wasnt going to be poor graphically. Oh ye i know you dont see true detail but you can tell pretty much what your expecting.
I can't even say without a doubt that Crysis will look good. It looks great from the videos, but for all I know I could get it on my screen when it comes out and the textures could be really bad and it just didn't show up on the videos.

Obviously, I am hoping that this is far from the case. :)

bingham67 said:
I will wait until i see the game to make a true analysis but from what i see there no difference and this is a port right. ?

Running on same engine cant see it being from ground up reworked.
It's easy to increase image quality when porting a game to the PC platform. All the settings for antialiasing and anisotropic filtering are native to PC users, and increase image quality considerably by themselves.

Texture resolution can be increased by multiples simply by blowing it up then applying bicubic sharpening filters, this is a very amature technique but as you saw when the modding community got hold of Oblivion it works extremely well. Professional art teams can do much better jobs just as easily, and it requires no re-building of the game engine.

Of course, you know why textures look so crap on consoles don't you? They lack memory, simple as. PCs now have up to 1GB video memory with 512MB easily being the standard now, backed up with up to 4GB system memory (2GB standard in your typical gaming rig.)

Just by these things alone Gears Of War can look a lot better on the PC platform. If it's a lazy port and they simply copy and paste the same textures over we still have AA and AF modes to play with, and a modding community to fall back on.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh ye no doubt about Oblivion looking better on PC but we are talking about launch title here i feel you look at games now on 360 and say surely it could have been added or some sort of compromise.

You obviously have more knowledge then i do i will admit that but look at say Assassins Creed and look at Oblivion on 360 back at launch it looks utter turd compared and no need for game to tell that.

I will have to disagree games looks very nice to me on consoles i couldnt say they lacked detail at all really on many of the titles which are recent not launch as developers get better with console we see better games not with problems at the start.

AA and AF might not be as good but for me dosnt stop making the game look nice as for Textures http://www.gamersyde.com/gallery_5745_en.html might not be out yet to real compare but can clearly see from videos that it does look amazing.

Although we shall wait and see. :)

And at end of day as my first post clearly states i said that 360 is not as powerful but i think people dont credit it enough. I think looking at Visual on current games ones coming you can clearly see its putting itself up there for sure and far from lacking detail.

Just out of interest do you have a 360 just wondered hate to think you been talking and dont own any i guess you do though. ? Because i have put Rainbow Six Vegas right up to PC version i see no difference apart from aspect ratio.

We really are going down messy corridor for me 360 games looks very good not so much going back to launch but now. Like i say PC more powerful so going to have added bits. Doing some quick research on this i beleive all MS would have to do is release a patch to force AA with HDR

All i said is that i feel with added stuff Gears does look better then any PC game on market whats out there to buy and i will stick by that. Mainly because i think that even with lack of AA and other stuff and it cant have picked up Visual award for nothing. PC users are getting one mighty fine game and with added benefits you might find it to look better but personally without looking hard im sure you really will not notice im one who dosnt nick pick really. And ot add to that you getting a game that currently sits behind Crysis in the graphics department imo and i will stick my neck out and say that. :)

But personally i think Assassins Creed and Cod 4 looks much better then Gears of War so its sits behind them really although the full games in front will reveal all. :)

Last edited:
Associate
The 360 will get all the extra content that PC gets anyway. But i do honestly hope that they don't do that stupid 360 vs PC gamer thing again. :D

Associate
I wonder what the min spec for the pc will be for this -- looking at the game footage on what they r playing it on it looks f^£king brill -- think we will need a monster of a pc 2 play it for the full effect ;)

Permabanned
Other things that sound good are they are including the unreal engine tool thing so there should be loads of user created content and maps considering how popular the game will be, plus just heard there are more maps and game modes for MP. Mine probably wont look any different to the 360 version since i play at 1400x900 and thats only slightly higher than 720p.

Soldato
tomanders91 said:
Mine probably wont look any different to the 360 version since i play at 1400x900 and thats only slightly higher than 720p.
720p is 921,600 pixels and you play in 1,296,000 pixels, that's actually a big difference. Not to mention that you'll have antialiasing and anisotropic filtering at your fingertips, amongst other image quality enhancing effects. :)

Back
Top Bottom