• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gecube Silencool X800XL - Instability problems

Associate
I'm currently onto my second one. This is the 512Mb model. Does a lovely job, but so unstable. Last summer, I started getting artifacts even when not playing games. This is with the side panel off. I've resorted to sticking a desk fan next to it. And that does the trick...

Sort of negates the quiet PC bit though dunnit. :rolleyes:

I've trawled the internet on this, and no one else seems to have this problem. Has anyone on this forum experienced this? Does anyone have any better ideas? Or is this time to upgrade to that HIS X900XT I'm currently drooling over?

Hope you can help.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies.

Raikiri - sorry - don't know the temps. But something is wrong if your just running Windows, the ambient temperature is 24 and your getting artifacts...

The idea of the adding a Zalman is appealing. How would I add it with all those heatpipes and heatsinks in the way? is it an easy job?

Dazzy_G - bit late now, but I'll look a the heatsink tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom