• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce 301.24-beta (GTX480/570/580 Series now get FXAA + Adaptive Vsync)

Associate
AO and FXAA seem to be "Not supported for this application" for BF3. Any ideas? This is with 301.10.

To get driver fxaa in battlefield 3 you need to use nvidia inspector, just go to your bf3 profile in nv inspector and change the fxaa settings their, seen as the game already has its own fxaa built in the driver doesnt let you turn it on however inspector does, imo the driver fxaa is a lot better than the built in fxaa that bf3 uses the one in game is very blurry.

Caporegime
Was using 301.10 and listening to music on news grounds the screen went a garbled purple with masses of pixelated streaks down the screen, I could move the mouse through the pixelated mess. The screen then flicked and I saw " nvidia display has stopped responding and recovered " when it came back, So i'm trying these drivers.

Hopeing it's not a sign of memory failure on the graphics card :mad::eek:, will keep an eye on that!

Soldato
So if you have this FXAA turned on in the Nvidia control panel, should you have AA turned off in actual games graphics options?

Sorry if it's a silly question!

Soldato
To get driver fxaa in battlefield 3 you need to use nvidia inspector, just go to your bf3 profile in nv inspector and change the fxaa settings their, seen as the game already has its own fxaa built in the driver doesnt let you turn it on however inspector does, imo the driver fxaa is a lot better than the built in fxaa that bf3 uses the one in game is very blurry.

You da man, cheers for the FXAA tip the game looks way sharper now compared to the in game settings.

So if you have this FXAA turned on in the Nvidia control panel, should you have AA turned off in actual games graphics options?

Sorry if it's a silly question!

100% yes, make sure you do what vunrealv has posted.

Associate
Does Adaptive V-Sync work when a frame limit has been set to 59fps?

I still seem to get screen tearing when the fps is running at 59fps whereas before I didn't when I used normal V-Sync. :S

Should I just remove the frame limit?

Caporegime
When using adaptive vsync the frame rate needs to be at your monitor refresh or above so if it's 60hz/60fps vsync will stay on but if the frame rate drops below that it'll go off. Because you set to 59fps it's causing it to tear :p

Soldato

I do this for BF3 also.

FXAA on at driver level. 4x MSAA ingame.

Soldato
ok not so good here on surround :(

same **** as before, cant see 'enable SLI/PhysX tab' although it is there, but once you click it and select 'Span displays with Surround' and try to enable it defaults back to 'disable SLI'

pity, i was kinda wanna to see how they faired in surround with BF3 :(

Associate
Was using 301.10 and listening to music on news grounds the screen went a garbled purple with masses of pixelated streaks down the screen, I could move the mouse through the pixelated mess. The screen then flicked and I saw " nvidia display has stopped responding and recovered " when it came back, So i'm trying these drivers.

Hopeing it's not a sign of memory failure on the graphics card :mad::eek:, will keep an eye on that!

I had this issue with a number of previous driver sets. Currently have my 560ti still on 295.73 which works perfectly fine.

Ill be interested to know if this driver set is ok for you!
:)

Soldato
TXAA has to be implemented by game developers, and yes, it is exclusive to the 600 series.

The first game with it should be The Secret World, followed by Borderlands 2. In the long-term, Unreal Engine 4 will include TXAA as part of its dev kit, so expect to see its use grow massively in the coming years.

Actually TXAA has been promised for 400 & 500 series as well. It will be added to drivers later in the year.

Back
Top Bottom