• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GeForce GTX 1630 Review

Associate
Is a 3090 for £1500 really better value though? I'm not sure which is worse.
Better value? No, I wouldn't say it is. But for the ridiculous price, you get a gpu which is as capable as you currently get, outside of professional cards. That performance is not available for a lower price anywhere, so while it's terrible value, it does offer more.

I expect there are a range of second hand card (and new, for a slightly higher budget) which would offer far better performance and therefore value, for the same money as the 1630.

The 1630 use case is quite specific, and then putting that price on it seems ridiculous. Will be interesting to see if there is a market for it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Good to see Random Gaming actually getting supplied a card for review. It weren’t long ago he was having to buy everything himself.

I actually prefer watching him to the likes of Linus and co. Nice and easy to watch without all the ott hyperbole

Soldato
They are just doing things for the comedy value now

The punchline will come with the 4000 series with the all new higher msrp for every tier and higher power use :cry:. They will be charging by the frame soon and have a set price for each frame at each tier.

So with this 1630 and cyberpunk hitting 7.6 frames at 1440p.. That's great value per frame at £180 :cry:, it even makes the 3090ti msrp look cheap now and the scalped rates we had.

QIwcz1J.png

Soldato
Good to see Random Gaming actually getting supplied a card for review. It weren’t long ago he was having to buy everything himself.
I watched that this morning.
The price, combined with that laughable performance AND a 6 pin power connector? :cry:

Thanks Nvidia. Needed a laugh today. With prices in the process of crashing the ground, I'd rather buy any other card than this.

Associate
I have a feeling that Nvidia released this GPU for the price to create a delusion of inflated prices for 4000 series on purpose to panic people into 3000 series to melt stocks :cry:

Associate
Makes the rx6500xt look like a total bargain at £175! What the hell are Nvidia doing, surely it can't be that expensive, can it?

That's one reason why I bought a 6500xt at £150, delivered. I could see the prices of budget cards going up with inflation. Wonder if HUB will change the accolade of worst gpu from the 6500xt to the 1630

Last edited:
Associate
What's annoying, up untill to the middle ground priced cards you get better returns for your cash as you spend more. Whereas before, budget often gave excellent returns on performance per £ spent.

Soldato
I thought that the xx10 and xx30 GPUs have always been very bad at gaming? Am I the only person who isn't shocked that an xx30 GPU is absolutely laughable at gaming?

I've got a GT 610 in a spare PC I use for internet browsing etc. I've never even tried a game on it. That's not what these lower tier GPUs are intended for.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom