• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

V F

V F

Soldato
is it really tax evasion tho?
True story when my dad 1st set up his building business my mum put my fishing gear xmas present on the books. Obviously the accountant flagged it with WTF? and my mum - apparently with straight face - told her that my dad had a job to empty a large pond of fish.
she was told to bugger off!...

however computer gear sounds like one which is impossible to stop. so long as a persons business needs a computer, is the tax man really going to decide what the max needed hardware is for a business? is an intel i7 considered overkill?

sure we all know that an i7 with rtx 2080Ti IS overkill but if any small business got slapped for this i personally would be livid... when you have so many huge businesses blatantly taking the pi.. to kick the small business in such a way would just not be on imo.

Video game company...

now if one was to put their hotas, racing wheel and pimax 8k on there then they may be on a bit of a sticky wicket imo.

Codemasters, Kunos Simulazioni, Slightly Mad Studios, iRacing... Oh individual tax.

Soldato
We have a bunch of benchmarks (both official and leaked) all pretty much lining up with each other - not to mention official statements from Nvidia and developers. Everything points to a significant increase in performance with 2080 out performing 1080 Ti and 2080 Ti out performing Titan V - just yesterday Final Fantasy XV added to benchmarks with their own official numbers which again match up to everything else said to date. Yet STILL you make baseless claims that these cards will under perform. So just exactly what would it take for you to actually see what is right in front of your eyes? Are you waiting to see the RTX 2080 Ti render a replica of itself in real time and space right there on your desk using "hard light" or something?

All you have done throughout this *entire* thread is bash Nvidia and spread FUD - it is getting pretty tedious.

This is a speculation thread about NV. I’m entitled to speculate just as you are. I’ve said several times that I truly hope the cards are good and I hope people are delighted with their purchase. I’ve also commended NV on actually innovating instead of chasing ‘moar fps’. I’m permitted to dislike their practices, and I’m permitted to be entirely unimpressed with their pricing.

It’s just a thread on a forum mate, you sound like you need to relax a little.

Associate
Gotcha, the way you worded it made it sound as though you were simply taking it straight off your profit to reduce your corp tax.

I'm a freelance software developer who runs a Limited company myself, and I've just spent nearly £4K on a new system through the business. If that was the case I was going to ask for your accountant's phone number. :p

The line between revenue and capital expense is mostly irrelevant for SME's these days. A £200,000 Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) exists for capital expenses (other than cars) that attract capital allowances means most UK companies get a 100% deduction in the year of purchase.

Soldato
The line between revenue and capital expense is mostly irrelevant for SME's these days. A £200,000 Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) exists for capital expenses (other than cars) that attract capital allowances means most UK companies get a 100% deduction in the year of purchase.

That's what my accountant is for. This stuff goes way over my head. :p

Associate
Disclaimer: These results might not be real and are based on the above posted channel comparing cards.

capssadasd.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom