• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GeForce RTX 3080 12GB cards already on sale in Germany at 1699 EUR

Soldato
Doesn't mean they will sell the 3090Ti FE maybe just a prop for all we know (nothing more than a 3090 FE with Ti added on), they said nothing about pricing and said wait till later in the month to hear what will happen. Maybe no FE 3090Ti FE too and maybe that's the end of FE models from them now, who knows with them. Also if they have a FE 3090Ti then expect a MSRP of £1999.99 it wont be less if they have real stock and if priced less they will be unicorn cards and only reviewers will have them and no normal person can buy one, apart from the 5 they send to each country to make it look like they had some to sell.:cry:

I'm sure the AIBS have something to say about the not normal amount of sales of FE models this time too, normally FE models have a very short selling time and go EOL really quickly.

We will have to see, I see another drop of FE for EU today , still dropping 3080 yet the AIB are EOL

Associate
Autoscalped indeed. The other day I paid more for a graphics card than I ever thought possible (more than an entire console) and congratulated myself on a bargain. No sign of the market realigning back to ‘normal’ is there…

Soldato
Autoscalped indeed. The other day I paid more for a graphics card than I ever thought possible (more than an entire console) and congratulated myself on a bargain. No sign of the market realigning back to ‘normal’ is there…

No, this is the new normal, the process that began with people paying for e-peen with the Titans, and silly money for Turing, and still continues through covid/scalping has reached its logical conclusion. The GPU market has changed entirely, no low end price range at all, and no limit to pricing at the top end, of course 4000 series will now start at 2K.

Soldato
No, this is the new normal, the process that began with people paying for e-peen with the Titans, and silly money for Turing, and still continues through covid/scalping has reached its logical conclusion. The GPU market has changed entirely, no low end price range at all, and no limit to pricing at the top end, of course 4000 series will now start at 2K.

There isn't really a mid range price either the minimum is roughly 600 for anything, that's not mid range. It's crazy I'm wondering how this will work out long term will miners and scalpers perpetually sustain this market, are gamers really buying that many of these cards, it doesn't seem likely that prices will ever go back to reasonable.

Soldato
OP

Drivers are out too for it now.

NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 511.17 WHQL

https://videocardz.com/driver/nvidia-geforce-game-ready-511-17-whql

Gaming Technology

• Includes support for the 12GB GeForce RTX 3080.
Fixed Issues
  • [Detroit Become Human]: Random stuttering/freezing occurs in the game. [3389250]
  • Flicker/disappearing text when 12-bit color is used [3358884]
  • [HDR][G-Sync]: Mouse pointer gets stuck after turning on HDR from the Windows Control
  • Panel or after toggling G-Sync from the NVIDIA control panel. [200762998]
    To work around, click the mouse (right or left button). The mouse cursor will be sluggish for a few seconds before returning to normal operation.
Known Issues
  • [Deathloop][HDR]: TDR/corruption occurs in the game with Windows HDR enabled. [200767905]
    If this issue occurs, toggle the Windows HDR setting.
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through
    water. [3338967]
  • In multi-monitor configurations, the screen may display random black screen flicker. [3405228]
  • [NVIDIA Advanced Optimus][NVIDIA Control Panel]: After setting the display multiplexer type to “dGPU”, the setting is not preserved across a reboot or resume from S4. [200779758]
  • [NVIDIA Image Scaling][Desktop]: The screen moves to the upper left corner on cold boot when Image Scaling is applied to the desktop. [3424721]
    Do not apply NVIDIA Image Scaling to the desktop. It is intended only for video upscaling or for games which do not run with a scaling resolution unless the same Image Scaling resolution is applied on the desktop.
  • [NVIDIA Image Scaling][DirectX 11 video apps]: With Image Scaling enabled, video playback is corrupted or results in a system hang after performing an HDR transition. [3431284]
    If HDR is required to be toggled from the Microsoft Control Panel, be sure to switch to a different Image Scaling resolution.
Package Contents
  • NVIDIA RTX Desktop Manager – 202.37
  • HD Audio Driver – 1.3.39.1
  • NVIDIA PhysX System Software – 9.21.0713
  • GeForce Experience – 3.24.0.123
  • CUDA – 11.5
  • DCH NVIDIA Control Panel – 8.1.961.0

Soldato
There isn't really a mid range price either the minimum is roughly 600 for anything, that's not mid range. It's crazy I'm wondering how this will work out long term will miners and scalpers perpetually sustain this market, are gamers really buying that many of these cards, it doesn't seem likely that prices will ever go back to reasonable.

No I guess not, the old tiers have been obliterated. I don't think GPU mining is going to be around forever, there's better solutions and eventually the Greta's will rightfully kill it, I'm suprised they're not all over it already tbh.

Associate
I never though a £1400 GPU would start to look good value :rolleyes: When will the madness end? I'm guessing 2H 2023 if the C word doesn't take a turn for the worse.

Associate
I never though a £1400 GPU would start to look good value :rolleyes: When will the madness end? I'm guessing 2H 2023 if the C word doesn't take a turn for the worse.

in a future you will have to replace the whole computer, because there won't be a backward compatibility.

So I wouldn't be so optimistic.

Soldato
OP
Apparently this driver is unique to the 3080 12gb which seems a bit odd , just tried to download on nv website and still states only 497.29 as latest... has anyone tried this driver yet ?

It got pulled because for some strange reason it didn't work on any other GPU only the 3080 12GB.. Guessing they forgot the rest of the INF files while stressing that the 3080 12GB is about to get a lot of negative reviews thanks to its price..:cry:

Back
Top Bottom