• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

GPUs have an internal architecture that do best with one coding approach or another that is hardware dependent to achieve the end result (fluid rendering of stuff on your screen) and retarded pricing aside this is worth noting I think. The so called micro-stutter is not just a multi-gpu issue it would seem ...

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...orce-gtx-titan-6gb-performance-review-15.html

Seeing all the stutter makes me wonder if I'm doing right buying a 7970 :confused:

Might just go for a 670 because everyone was saying that was just with amd 12.11 drivers but it's certainly still there in that benchmarks for farcry and hitman.

Didn't really see any point in Titan but after seeing them frame times I'm a bit jealous that I can't have one.

Last edited:
Am I the only one not massively impressed by these cards? :o Having 6GB of 384-bit RAM is very tasty but there isn't that much of a performance boost over the 7970 for it to be considered the quantum leap that everyone is making it out to be. And what the hell is up with the pricing?! It's just pants on head retarded.

OMG, sort it out AMD! That is way too wobbly. :eek:

And have a driver update due to 13.3 that will overhaul how the memory system works and that aims to fix the from latency issues for good

Do you guys think that 2 Titans will be more powerful than a 790?
I know we don't know much about it yet, but I'd like to hear some speculations...

Yes

But that is assuming that nvidia even produce a 790.

nvidia got lucky with the gtx 680 (gk104) in that it is really a upper mid range card which made it easy for them to put 2 on a gtx 690.

If the gtx 780 is a real high end card it will make puting 2 on a gtx 790 much harder.

...And what about a hypothetical 780 vs a Titan?

It's still unknown whether or not the 780 will be released in a Kepler refresh some time this year which would probably be less powerful than a Titan. If the 780 comes out on Maxwell next year then it will probably be very close to the Titan but I don't think it would bury it.

There is every chance NVIDIA could release a mid-high end part on maxwell like the 680 and call it a 780 and then double dip with a proper high end card like the Titan late 2014/early 2015.

Back
Top Bottom