• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

There will be. Like any launch of new GPU's, always reference models and then custom models. I expect EVGA to jump on a classified style again and MSI to do a Lightning.

EVGA already got a signature superclocked listed elsewhere, an announcement of an oc'd twin froz'r would make me a happy bunny.

I heard that Titan has a TDP lock (card puts on the brakes when certain wattage is being drawn) which makes it tricky for AIB partners like MSI etc to offer truly custom cards. Is this true, if so is it possible to voltmod Titan and bypass this and what's the deal with nVidia's draconian rules?

I heard that Titan has a TDP lock (card puts on the brakes when certain wattage is being drawn) which makes it tricky for AIB partners like MSI etc to offer truly custom cards. Is this true, if so is it possible to voltmod Titan and bypass this and what's the deal with nVidia's draconian rules?

geforce-gtx-titan-gk110-reviewW-J-373123-22.jpg

As Whyscotty pointed out to me (I missed it), it is set for another 8 pin connector for future models. I would expect some serious beefy ones at some stage. Not sure on the 1.2V being the limit though.

Yes it does !
It's obviously firmware controlled so anything is possible ;) and obviously some wire/components and a soldering Iron can get around anything if you know what your doing.

geforce-gtx-titan-gk110-reviewW-J-373123-22.jpg

As Whyscotty pointed out to me (I missed it), it is set for another 8 pin connector for future models. I would expect some serious beefy ones at some stage. Not sure on the 1.2V being the limit though.

I thought the K20 had the power connectors at the end so I suspect it's something they left on the board

I thought the K20 had the power connectors at the end so I suspect it's something they left on the board

Ahhh could be. It doesn't make sense to have a seperate connector on the end like that either and I would expect to see AIB's custom PCB's on meatier clocked cards with 2*8 pin connectors sitting SBS.

Ahhh could be. It doesn't make sense to have a seperate connector on the end like that either and I would expect to see AIB's custom PCB's on meatier clocked cards with 2*8 pin connectors sitting SBS.

Well time will tell, anything is possible and might be a race to see who can charge 1K first....what's going on with these prices ?

side note, did the deed earlier today ;)

MSI got in trouble for offering that 680 unlocked BIOS, any chance an intrepid enthusiast could make a Titan one? Or have the green goblin taken steps to shut that out?

Why is that? I paid for it already and called and they told me the first batch is sold out, but I'm on the 11th of march batch:D

My 690 didn't run very well. It might have been a bad card or maybe it didn't work with my mobo. I didn't want to send it back.....I haven't had the best of luck buying from ocuk.

Oh you got it directly from EVGA?
Well thats a different story, I thought you meant from OCUK or any other retailer on the internet, EVGA will be nigh on impossible to get for a good few weeks.

Did you send the 690 back to OCUK?

@About the price i told you guys £899 ages and ages ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom