• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

You still set for tomorrow Greg ?

Yep. I am just waiting for the tracking number... I wouldn't mormaly worry but with shortages, it has me biting my nails but I had a phone covrsation with the e-tailer who confirmed they will be with me tomorrow.

Why didn't I drive? I was up very early today as well :mad:

Yep. I am just waiting for the tracking number... I wouldn't mormaly worry but with shortages, it has me biting my nails but I had a phone covrsation with the e-tailer who confirmed they will be with me tomorrow.

You will be fine ;) You must have been near the very front of the queue anyway.

This is how I worked out the Titan purchase, honestly it's not that bad really * £4 a week..

Say I wanna keep my Titan for 3 years..

Titan = £830
Sale of GTX 670 4Gb = £250
£580 difference.
Titan last 3 years = 36 months
580 / 36 = 16.1
£16.1 per month.
16.1 / 4 = 4

£4 per week.

That is if I keep the card and never sell it, if I sell the card at end of 3 years it will cost even less, maybe £2 a week :p. Not bad for high end gaming..

there is a name for those types of calculations.

its called bloke-maths :)

Because Bolton is a very long way! :D

michael-bolton2.jpg

Oooo Errrrr.

Congratulation guys on the new cards!! Hope they work great for ye all.

And Greg, yeah you should have drove, wtf were you thinking? Waiting sucks!!

haha, I was in the opposite situation, no confirmation email, but then out of the blue I get the tracking number from DPD by text message

Don't want to hijack or take off on a tangent but hate creating new threads when there are loads of questions like this. As a gamer solely interested in a single monitor setup albeit at 2500x1440, would one of these cards serve me well for what I hope to be most games on highest settings. I've always had a just above average PC but never anything that really blew my mind, before it was an i7 and a 460 GTX, which at the time was quite good but nothing special.
Ignoring the rest of the specs, I want a GFX card that excels and I've learned from the past that up to a certain point, spending extra money doesn't always get you much more performance.

Last edited:
Don't want to hijack or take off on a tangent but hate creating new threads when there are loads of questions like this. As a gamer solely interested in a single monitor setup albeit at 2500x1600, would one of these cards serve me well for what I hope to be most games on highest settings. I've always had a just above average PC but never anything that really blew my mind, before it was an i7 and a 460 GTX, which at the time was quite good but nothing special.
Ignoring the rest of the specs, I want a GFX card that excels and I've learned from the past that up to a certain point, spending extra money doesn't always get you much more performance.

Purchase self justification is all that is needed.

If you can justify spending £900 on one PC component, go for it. If not, then drop down to the next best at ~£400 which is eith a 680 or 7970...If that still seems too much, then you have the 670 and 7950. All will cope nicely with todays current games (except maybe Crysis 3) and you shouldn't have to alter settings too much for your 1600P monitor :)

Back
Top Bottom