1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: General Election 2019 voting intention - Dec 1st - 7th

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Rilot, Dec 2, 2019.

?

Who will you vote for?

1. Brexit

5 vote(s)
    1.5%
  2. Conservative

96 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. DUP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Green

2 vote(s)
    0.6%
  5. Labour

113 vote(s)
    34.7%
  6. Liberal Democrat

84 vote(s)
    25.8%
  7. Plaid Cymru

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  8. Sinn Fein

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  9. SNP

12 vote(s)
    3.7%
  10. TIG

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. UKIP

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  12. Other party

4 vote(s)
    1.2%
  13. Independant

3 vote(s)
    0.9%
  14. Spoil ballott

4 vote(s)
    1.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StriderX

Caporegime

and the third partner is constantly running away from you.

Well except regional parties, but their MO is to run away from the relationship altogether, because of said abuse, even if there is certainly potential to fix our system. Though it’s even more difficult than just voting for that third party nationally.

Sigh, the Lib Dem’s or a decent new party with no baggage needs to come out on a federalist ticket, I honestly feel it’s not even being discussed... indeed it’s farcically more likely that devolution is going to be ripped up, starting a very serious slide into extremism.

As much fun breaking apart the UK would be, it’s clearly the second most stupid option available.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  2. JeditOjanen

Soldato

Voting LD isn't strictly a wasted vote there. It won't affect the result, but if the outcome is decided you may as well try to help the party reach the 5% required to recover their deposit.

3. JeditOjanen

Soldato

The Tory voting bloc has traditionally been very stable; most fluctuations in polls are based on turnout. Tory governments - Labour too, for that matter - typically fall when enough of the party base say "I don't want to vote for the clowns in my party". These people don't often cross the floor and vote for the other party, though, they just stay at home. What's been propping up the current chain of Conservative governments for so long is the constant narrative that Labour are terrible. Now I don't care whether you believe this is true, because that isn't important. What is important is that the people who don't want to vote for the clowns in the Tories are now adding "... but I have to because the other side are worse".

And thus, we have had a seamless media pivot from "Look at this funny photo of a Jew eating a bacon sandwich" to "Labour are anti-Semitic".

4. JeditOjanen

Soldato

Most of the real wets were kicked out before the election. The transformation of the Tories into the BXP is complete. You will hear talk of Tory candidates being Remainers, but it's rubbish. If you vote Tory in this election, you are voting for No Deal Brexit.

5. StriderX

Caporegime

Even so there are still a few moderates (Who hate Johnson), even if we assume that any new MP is hard for no deal, there’s a non zero risk for the Tories if they get a small majority.

Remember this is a party of backstabbers, though it’s also a party of party political serfs... so who knows.

I think however it’s only the authoritarians left In that camp, the Theresa Mays of the world.

6. VincentHanna

Capodecina

7. kinetic747

Wise Guy

Corbyn is making it easy for the Tories. No real Brexit viewpoint to get behind or reject and he's also seen, rightly or wrongly, to sympathize with terrorists. The Tories have failed on everything that matters and yet they're still clear favourites to win the GE, says it all really. :(

8. chroniclard

Capodecina

Labour is the best chance at a second ref though, that is clear, ultimately the best chance to stop a no benefit to anyone but the elite Brexit. Albeit the odds on them winning are looking slim.

9. BowdonUK

Mobster

Boris got his "worse" deal through because he was seen as a Brexiteer, one of their own. Not like May who was seen as a Remainer and tried to appeal to both wings of her party. Boris took a different path and decided to make a gamble and go all out to the pro-Brexit wing, and even though he lost 20 or so of his MP's he managed to get enough other votes.

Just to balance things up from the anti-Corbyn posts I've made in the past. I saw this car crash interview with the apparent interim leader of UKIP. I'm not sure what happened to the last leader. But I think in this interview we can really see the calibre of people still remaining in UKIP as hit rock bottom.

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/p...nterview-with-sky-news-adam-boulton-1-9160771

GE2019: UKIP interim leader Pat Mountain's 'cringeworthy car crash' interview with Sky News' Adam Boulton

10. StriderX

Caporegime

Pat Mountain after Richard Braine? The humour never stops.

11. joey1211

Mobster

Was as ready for that interview as Boris's ready meal is for the microwave.

Loved it when she had to correct herself after saying of Tommy Robinson "because of his association with other racist parties" :p

12. Skillmister

Capodecina

My opinion is the same but it has to be a vote for Labour in my constituency to attempt to stop the Conservatives.
    2015 Conservative won by 4000
    2017 Conservative won by 600
    2019 the previous Conservative winner has stepped down as he isn't happy with the Tories. Replaced by someone from Suffolk (can't see that going down well with the Welsh!) so should be a comfortable Labour win but we'll see

13. ltron

Wise Guy

The Lib Dems are already doing this, they want a federal UK and more devolution to local areas. See their manifesto in the 'Our Plan for Better Politics' under 'Power for the Nations and Regions' and 'Power for Communities'. https://www.libdems.org.uk/plan

It's a pity that much of the good stuff is towards the end of the manifesto.

14. ltron

Wise Guy

Agreed, it sends a message there is demand for their policies at least. If you like them that is.

15. Quartz

Capodecina

Still a toss-up between Conservative and Lib Dem.

16. garnett

Soldato

https://tactical.vote/compare

This one seemingly tells you what all the others are saying and whether they're aligned...

17. Rilot

Don

Well this is interesting. This is the trend over the last 3 polls.

[​IMG]

18. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Thanks

2 for Labour
    2 for Lib Dems
    1 TBC

I have to do my postal vote soon.

19. PlacidCasual

Soldato

As much as people repeat the idea that May lost because she campaigned poorly she got 43% of the vote, in almost all other elections that's a thumping majority. What was unusual was the second party getting 40% and almost unheard of outcome. This years elections seems very similar, the Conservatives have a rock solid 40-45% share (depending on your pollster), majority Government territory. The outcome will be decided by how much support Labour gets if they are in the high thirties it will be small majority to hung Parliament. I don't know what they need to be in coalition territory, it probably comes down to how much tactical voting took place at that point.

20. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

Tbh they all seem to me to be a load of useless overprivalged prats and I have no idea who to vote for really. Being a Veteran I cannot vote for anything to do with Corbyn and Borris worries me but at least he seems to be trying. I’m all for Brexit and we voted out so I’m not wanting a re-vote or whatever the technical name is.

Who will I vote for most likely Borris and his club but tbh I think we are pretty doomed whoever we vote for.

I might just emigrate.... But where too......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.