1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: General Election 2019 voting intention - Dec 1st - 7th

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Rilot, Dec 2, 2019.

?

Who will you vote for?

1. Brexit

5 vote(s)
    1.5%
  2. Conservative

96 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. DUP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Green

2 vote(s)
    0.6%
  5. Labour

113 vote(s)
    34.7%
  6. Liberal Democrat

84 vote(s)
    25.8%
  7. Plaid Cymru

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  8. Sinn Fein

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  9. SNP

12 vote(s)
    3.7%
  10. TIG

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. UKIP

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  12. Other party

4 vote(s)
    1.2%
  13. Independant

3 vote(s)
    0.9%
  14. Spoil ballott

4 vote(s)
    1.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StriderX

Capodecina

Well he's already bent over backwards for the EU, Russia (doubtless not by choice) and Saudi Arabia, gotta complete the set and then lie about it as if it's literally the second coming of Jesus.

2. Tony Edwards

Mobster

It would certainly be interesting to see at what level of pay menial jobs would be set at.

3. Usher

Mobster

plenty probably but anything is better than Corbyn, a man who doesn't put his party first or he would resign, bluffs his way or shrugs off one catastrophe after another, produces fake documents trying to discredit the Tories and is so determined to get into No 10 that he promises the Earth with free internet, state control of everything. State control, where have I heard those words before.....

McDonell even wants to rob your kids of their inheritance and introduce a 'garden tax' and as for Dianne Abbot.................

So when you get stung with the biggest VAT and general tax rise for decades & massive Council tax rises you won't be able to say you didn't know..

"Do you watch the Queen's Speech?" Corbyn: "No, I'm normally helping out at a homeless shelter on Xmas Day." pass the bucket please

4. Dolph

Man of Honour

Housing, not cash benefits, I'd reform social housing instead.

Incapacity/disability - would result in an increased payment based on condition, granting either a higher payout or a higher break even point (thereby ensuring that individuals with disabilities are judged by their disability, not their response to it as happens now).

The advantage to working is that you will always be better off (incidental costs excluded) than if you don't work. Even an hour results in more money than you had, and doesnt result in complex calculations or notification requirements.

5. Dolph

Man of Honour

Given that all earnings (after tax) are in addition to, rather than instead of, the payment, I agree.

6. StriderX

Capodecina

Literally anything is better than Corbyn? Would Putin be better?

Fake documents? By who's authority are they fake... yours?

You realise the country's quite literally falling apart without tax rises, right? or is that just something to ignore because 'insert spurious partisan reason here'. Maybe you've forgotten that it's actually the purview of the Tory party to add taxes, VAT is even their design, I guess you'll ignore that too. Offering tax cuts at a time like this is no better than raising them to pay for vehicles of Union greed, but of course you prefer the former.... don't you.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  7. Quartz

Sgarrista

Really? Are you sure it isn't just different pressure groups wanting us to spend more and more?

8. Tony Edwards

Mobster

You seem like a very negative person that gets a lot of their views from facebook rather than the press.

Thats pretty much fake news/documents to discredit Labour because the Tories are so determined to stay in No 10. We could go on like this all night if you wish.

9. Quartz

Sgarrista

You could equally be taking about Johnson at this point.

10. garnett

Soldato

So much Project Fear about Corbyn, readily debunked with a moment's research, yet, instead, swallowed down unquestioningly by you.

How have you got yourself into such a vulnerable state?

11. StriderX

Capodecina

It doesn't really matter if there's pressure groups, certain pieces of infrastructure are simply required and they need resources to function correctly, especially in regards to social housing which has been a disaster for decades, making a mess of many other parts of society.

Everything that a person requires to live a successful life - good health, good education, a safe environment, a habitable home and a job that pays enough to survive, are interconnected to each other, a failure to provide one affects the rest, a failure to provide them all and you have a society wishing itself harm.

So when you take those police off the street and you take away youth centres, you dont blame the kids for falling into the ditch, you dug the bloody thing.

12. Tony Edwards

Mobster

The crazy thing is I know people that put so much work in just to get their UB that if they spent that same amount of time and effort actually working they would be finacially better off. But then Im probably the type of person that those hoops are designed to get back to work for anyway.

13. Quartz

Sgarrista

As a quick example, we could cut NHS spoending in half, setting tighter bounds on what it does, and still have a successful NHS - that level of funding (in real terms) would take us back to the early Blair years. That's not nice, of course, but could easily be done, especially by a government that doesn't have to face the electorate for several years.

14. BowdonUK

Mobster

Why would I disparage someone for being Muslim?

And more importantly why do you feel defensive when I asked a simple question about anti-semitism. In my previous post I said it shouldn't matter who is saying anti-semitic or racist language they all should be condemned. The right thing for you to have said is "yes, I agree with that". But for some reason you've gone on the attack. Odd behaviour.

15. Uther

Capodecina

16. FortuitousFluke

Mobster

That's interesting, because I've read the manifestos and I can say that Labour's pledges go significantly further than the other main parties, especially the Tories who barely mention the topic.

Will all of their pledges see the light of day? No, but that's politics. I'd still rather have 70% of 20 pledges that 70% of 2.

I don't think you've actually given serious thought to this at all, you just seem to want something to get angry about.

17. mattyfez

Sgarrista

Are you out of your mind?
    The NHS needs reform but cutting it's budget in half would be complete insanity.

It needs structural and operational reform which cannot be accomplished if you simply half the budget and hope it becomes better.

18. Yozz76

Wise Guy

Has Andrew Neil today listed all the questions he’d ask Boris to allow him to prepare in advance should he choose to go on?

19. robgmun

Capodecina

This, the calculation is that Boris is far enough ahead in the polls and he doesn't need a damaging interview and on balance the net loss of doing it greater then the net loss of not doing it.

Also as a connecting point. Andrew Neil has dug himself a grave, do you think any of the leaders are going to be doing an interview with him next time around? Or ever. I think the next election in 2025 all the parties are going to remember which interviewers were on ego trips and which gave them a fair crack.

20. Tony Edwards

Mobster

yes I agree with that.

In my defense a lot of people that complain about Labour and antismetism also complain about muslims and foreigners in general. As I said you dont stand out in my mind as being one of the usual suspects.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.