1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: General Election 2019 voting intention - Dec 1st - 7th

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Rilot, Dec 2, 2019.

?

Who will you vote for?

1. Brexit

5 vote(s)
    1.5%
  2. Conservative

96 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. DUP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Green

2 vote(s)
    0.6%
  5. Labour

113 vote(s)
    34.7%
  6. Liberal Democrat

84 vote(s)
    25.8%
  7. Plaid Cymru

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  8. Sinn Fein

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  9. SNP

12 vote(s)
    3.7%
  10. TIG

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. UKIP

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  12. Other party

4 vote(s)
    1.2%
  13. Independant

3 vote(s)
    0.9%
  14. Spoil ballott

4 vote(s)
    1.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armageus

Don

Exactly this - I'm in a safe conservative seat, but I'll be voting lib dem if only to show my displeasure with conservative and labour. This time round though it seems like there's a bit more support for lib dem (given the amount of placards etc around), so who knows - maybe others will do the same as me

2. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Obviously overshadowed by the awful London Bridge attack: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ticised-response-attack-rabbi-in-north-london

3. RDM

Capodecina

You would think though that, in the current climate, it is certainly one group they would include! ;)

Though, as I am not Jewish, I’m probably not allowed an opinion...

4. danlightbulb

Wise Guy

If it means my parents get £20k? Hell yes.

5. JeditOjanen

Mobster

Under FPTP it doesn't just matter how many votes you get, but where you get them. The extreme example is a two-party system where one party gets 100% of the vote in 49% of the seats but only 49% of the vote in the other 51% of seats. That party has 75% of the vote, but it can't form a government. The Tories have 163 seats where they enjoy a 30+% lead, while Labour have just 45 in the same position - but that puts close to half the Conservative vote in one-quarter of the seats. This is why people are saying that a gap as high as 7% in voting intentions can indicate a hung parliament.

6. garnett

Mobster

John Redwood's seat...

The polling in this GE is just crazy.

7. mikeo

Mobster

Already voted Conservative. The only other option round here is SNP. And to be totally honest "I'd rather be dead in a ditch than vote for them".

8. Evangelion

Capodecina

Lib Dem. Unchanged.

Surprised to see a surge for Labour in this poll.

9. Quartz

Sgarrista

Given the inflation implied by Labour's other spending plans, how much is that £20k actually going to be worth? If you think they or you are poor now, just wait until Labour has finished with them.

10. Devilman

Gangster

Yep, cus the Conservatives have been so great at making poor people better off in the last 9 years, right?

11. BowdonUK

Mobster

I think some of the hype around the election is producing distorted expectations.

I am trying to see what the odds are on the Brexit party getting no seats at the election, yet the only bet online I can see is if they get under 5, and the betting ratio is 1/5 so if I put £10 I'd get £2.50 in profit. How can the odds be so low!? The only time its a decent bet is if I bet they would get over 5 and those odds are 3/1, so £10 would win me £30 in profit.

12. Quartz

Sgarrista

Actually, they have. Have you noticed the unemployment numbers?

13. Devilman

Gangster

Forcing people back into work when they are unable to do so due to their awful Universal Credit setup and requiring only 1hr a week to qualify as "not unemployed" is nothing more than fudging the numbers and you know it. Stop being dishonest.

14. robgmun

Capodecina

As a side, #TrollingTheGuardian on twitter has probably been the most i've laughed on the internet for quite some time.

15. loftie

Hitman

You got a link for that?

Feels like clutching at straws, are any other religions who aren't mentioned offended? If we're being offended by what has been left out of that video, what about everyone who is neither young nor old? People with mental health issues? The unemployed? IMO, people shouting antisemetism at this diminish actual anitsemetism. (not sure if that last bit makes sense or not, it does in my head!)

16. JeditOjanen

Mobster

The odds are so low because that's where people are putting their money. UKIP at their peak never elected an MP, and the BXP are not quite 100% of UKIP. They're not going to get a seat.

17. robgmun

Capodecina

Well, lets think for a moment, it mentioned every other major religion, but the party has been having vert public problems with the Jewish community, I know! Let's not put them in the list of people we promise to protect......:o

18. GordyR

Mobster

I expect it will be tactical voting at play. While I would like to vote Lib Dem, doing so would be pointless in my constituency. I'm therefore lending Labour my vote with the hope of causing a hung parliament and an eventual second referendum.

19. garnett

Mobster

At least 135,000 children will be homeless and living in temporary accommodation across Britain on Christmas day – the highest number for 12 years – according to the housing charity Shelter

https://www.theguardian.com/society...dren-in-britain-will-be-homeless-at-christmas

Poverty rates fell in the years after 2010, as the UK recovered from the financial crisis, but are now showing clear signs of rising again

https://fullfact.org/economy/poverty-uk-guide-facts-and-figures/

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019 at 6:59 AM
  20. Evangelion

Capodecina

* Tories: 44%
    * Labour: 34%
    * Lib Dems: 13%
    * BXP: 1%
    * UKIP: 0%

(Source).

The Tories might as well stop campaigning. They won at least two weeks ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.