1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: General Election 2019 voting intention - Dec 1st - 7th

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Rilot, Dec 2, 2019.

?

Who will you vote for?

1. Brexit

5 vote(s)
    1.5%
  2. Conservative

96 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. DUP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Green

2 vote(s)
    0.6%
  5. Labour

113 vote(s)
    34.7%
  6. Liberal Democrat

84 vote(s)
    25.8%
  7. Plaid Cymru

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  8. Sinn Fein

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  9. SNP

12 vote(s)
    3.7%
  10. TIG

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. UKIP

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  12. Other party

4 vote(s)
    1.2%
  13. Independant

3 vote(s)
    0.9%
  14. Spoil ballott

4 vote(s)
    1.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dolph

Man of Honour

We didn't have spending cuts, either in cash terms or real terms, at a whole economy level. This isn't a matter of opinion or viewpoint, but a matter of maths.

I actually agree that, if we want better public services, the uk taxpayer needs to pay more. I disagree with the populist idiocy that you can successfully force all this burden onto a small minority of the population.

2. Murphy

Mobster

You're being rather selective in what information you believe aren't you, information that tells you what the possible effect of leaving the EU will be is 'propaganda', information that tells you what the possible effect of a Labour government maybe is 100% true. I hate to tell you but dismissing information based on who it's from makes you come across as someone who's swallowed a whole bunch of blue pills.
    Hang on, first you said there's no need to be 'paranoid' (Why you'd say people have delusions of persecution, unwarranted jealousy, exaggerated self-importance, or Unjustified suspicion and mistrust of other people is beyond me, i assume you don't know what paranoia is) and now you're saying if Labour get in and their Brexit referendum still results in a leave vote, you will have a double whammy of doom.

I thought you said "people here are paranoid in the extreme based on all the negative propaganda spread by remainers" so how come we'll be hit by a double whammy, isn't Brexit meant to be marvelous?
    Provide me with a job, are you for real? You've really got this whole work thing backwards haven't you, let me ask you what would happen to these people who "provide me with a job" didn't have a healthy, well educate workforce to draw from?

And where on earth did you get the rhetoric about taxing gardens, robbing kids of their inheritance, taxing prize money, and 25% VAT from, did you just imagine that or something?

And lastly the we wouldn't lose the rebate if we stayed in, i know where you got that from and it's been thoroughly debunked so you simply come across as rather foolish by repeating it.

3. Quartz

Capodecina

Overall UK government spending has increased every year since 2010. Education, Defence, and Transport dipped after 2010 but have been going back up. All are above 2010 levels.

Take a look here.

4. Tony Edwards

Mobster

That part is irrelevant.

Thats fine and you could well be right but at least lets try it and if it doesnt work as intended then other revenues will need to be looked at.

The Tory approach certainly hasnt worked and people should just aknowledge that. The problem is they dont. Lots of ex Tories here have left them because of the austerity measures (idiological spending levels) which I applaude.

While others say the only reason they cant vote for the Tories is brexit. Those are the people that are harming this country. What is your reason for not voting Tory any more is it austerity or brexit? Be honest.

The Tories could have handled things better they chose not to and they chose to sell all the silverware (investment potfolio) that Labour had built up. They sell everything that makes a profit. What a stupid thing to do if your whole system relies on bring in money every year.

As critcal as you are about Labour I very rarely see you critise what the Tories do finacialy. The royal mail for instance was bringing in £300m pa profit straight to the treasury. How much is it bring in now?

Our share of the Eurotunnel was bring in profit but the Tories decided to sell it. Same as Thatcher and the oil industry, the telecoms industry and every other industry that the treasury could be making money from.

The Tories live on a false economy system. We should look at the UK as an pa income source not a one off fire sell off.

5. Sankari

Caporegime

Hey kids, let's play Spot the Weasel Words!

6. Quartz

Capodecina

Hey kids, let's not check the link!

7. Rilot

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.