1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: General Election 2019 voting intention - Dec 8th - 12th

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Rilot, Dec 8, 2019.

?

Who will you vote for?

Poll closed Dec 12, 2019.
  1. Brexit

3 vote(s)
    0.8%
  2. Conservative

94 vote(s)
    25.5%
  3. DUP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Green

3 vote(s)
    0.8%
  5. Labour

151 vote(s)
    41.0%
  6. Liberal Democrat

80 vote(s)
    21.7%
  7. Plaid Cymru

2 vote(s)
    0.5%
  8. Sinn Fein

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  9. SNP

17 vote(s)
    4.6%
  10. TIG

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. UKIP

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  12. Other party

5 vote(s)
    1.4%
  13. Independant

2 vote(s)
    0.5%
  14. Spoil ballot

9 vote(s)
    2.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dolph

Man of Honour

It is indeed that seat. Her campaign office is actually two roads over from where I live...

2. String

Capodecina

Thankfully. I've no idea what the point was with half a dozen threads.

3. Monkeynut

Soldato

Probably to gain an idea of the change in opinion over time.

4. Amp34

Caporegime

Interesting to see the collapse in Lib Dem support in the two December Polls. A shame, but probably more representative of the voting public and the two horse race we have.

5. Steampunk

Soldato

It's FPTP that encourages tactical voting. If I voted Lib-Dem (my original intention) there would have to have been a 25 percent voting shift for that vote to count. In order to boot out Boris, voting Labour only needs a 5 percent shift. At least the Labour candidate lives in the area, Boris has done nothing but made a lot of broken promises and told a lot of lies to his constituents (same as for everything else he does).

6. RDM

Capodecina

Still Lib Dem. I know they haven't got a snowball's chance in hell in this constituency but I want to register a strong vote for remain and Labour doesn't offer that here. And I cannot bring myself to support Corbyn in any way.

7. Tony Edwards

Mobster

There is a lot less votes in total and most of the Libdem votes were probably just a mix of rhetoric and virtue signaling from recent ex Tory converts.

8. Rroff

Man of Honour

And Labour can? don't make me laugh... it is hilarious how the people of this country keep voting for the same thing - Labour or Tory and expect a different outcome.

9. Evangelion

Capodecina

^^ My position too.

10. Rilot

Don

Because voting intention changes over time. Have a look at the previous polls. It’s quite interesting.
    Also, I was asked by a few members to do this.

11. Tony Edwards

Mobster

Well the Tories have shown they cant be trusted over the last 9 years. Just about everything they have done has set us back.

12. Rroff

Man of Honour

Big factor and probably just what Boris wanted is that the imminence of Brexit has faded and people have fallen back to what is familiar ground for them.

13. Tony Edwards

Mobster

Sorry Rroff but that has no bearing on what has happened in the poll. Unless all that has happened is Libdems and Tories have decided not to bother.

14. chroniclard

Capodecina

If Brexit wasn't happening the Tories would be decimated. Pretty much the only reason people are still voting for one of the worst governments in history. That and blind loyalty.

15. Tony Edwards

Mobster

I hope the Libdems do well at the Tories expense. It would be good pay back.

Its a shame the Tories will benefit from old Labour voters though.

16. StriderX

Capodecina

They wont benefit that much from Labour votes, it's the weird and wonderful effect of Brexit party that's risking a few seats, but then one wonders if there is a an equivalent vote from Tory to BXP in those seats to offset it, who knows.

17. Nitefly

Man of Honour

I really don’t know how anyone is voting conservatives. Or rather, how so many people still want to vote conservative. My brain must be hardwired differently. If people are hardwired similarly to me, then the only reason I think they have a lot of support is that people just don’t pay attention, or don’t care.

I mean, did people not actually watch Boris in these debates? He is absolutely horrendous. Turning a question on islamophobia back to ‘get Brexit done’ - seriously?! It is so disingenuous, **** bojo.

I don’t claim there is a decent alternative but surely it’s better to gamble on anything but more of this incompetence!! What on earth is going on in this world. On Brexit, do people forget that May couldn’t get the deal passed her own party? Did people not hear Boris skirt over the need to actually agree a trade deal in the most recent debate? “But you don’t have a trade deal with the EU lined up do you Boris?” - his reply being “Look, we have a deal.” Just, what!!

It’s borderline despair for me - what the **** is wrong with people! :p

18. StriderX

Capodecina

They're paying attention, they just dont care, enough people are pretty much impossible to convert and the middle is stuck in tactical voting hell due to that.

Realistically if the moderates in both parties just voted Lib Dem the other parties would be eventually be erased, but the Lib Dems have a crisis in charisma unfortunately and Brexit is just torpedoing the whole issue.

19. Caracus2k

Soldato

Lets just ignore the Elephant in the (Labour) room and the people accompanying said metaphorical elephant....

Hint: their initials are JC

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  20. RedvGreen

Mobster

Not at all - I am a Lib Dem member and am voting tactically to keep my constituency a Labour stronghold (current incumbent happens to be an ardent Remainer). The biggest threat to us is BXP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.